This weekend I will mostly be making

Lancs Lad

Individual rabbit pies for the folks at work......

Got me wabbit out of the freezer into the pan waiting to defrost.....

Put in with carront, onion. parsnip, leek and spring onions.

Herbs - Home grown sage, home grown rosemary, salt, pepper and bay leaves.

Couple of stock cubes, half a litre of cider - when I buy it tomorow...

Just get it on the hob tomorrow night and pick it off the bones saturday.

Mix a bit of gellatine with the stock and make up the pastry......I feel a nice Thyme pastry and it will be smiles and thanks around on monday....

Mix a bit of gellatine with the stock and make up the pastry......I feel a nice Thyme pastry and it will be smiles and thanks around on monday....

You don`t need gelatine m8,just use the picked clean bones and trimmings.Smash then bones with a heavy kitchen implement(rolling pin etc.)then simmer gently(very gently) in a lot of water for 3-4 hrs and I guarantee,unless you use the oldest and stinkiest bucks,you will have a fine flavoured and very gelatinous stock.

You don`t need gelatine m8,just use the picked clean bones and trimmings.Smash then bones with a heavy kitchen implement(rolling pin etc.)then simmer gently(very gently) in a lot of water for 3-4 hrs and I guarantee,unless you use the oldest and stinkiest bucks,you will have a fine flavoured and very gelatinous stock.

Just chopped up the picked meat, the root veggies have been diced down and a quick season with a dash of cumin and corriander.

Currently simmering down the stock and bones.

Going to be making a load of pies........Just hope they go.........

We are going to a show of the Wind In the Willows tomorow at a park in Lancaster, one of these open air theatre things...Hopefuly the weather will be nice....but it will be wabbit pie and cider on the lawn whislt sat on a blanket.....