when a dog finds its purpose

kent

Yesterday the lab pup was out on the marsh, only his second trip as i live 45mins away. Had a good romp in the muddy gutters and a dive into every bit of available water, finishing with sitting by my side and waiting / watching the tide change on the fret edge, the call of the resident greys instantly grabbing his intrest, the backwards glances at me spoke volumes more than words. good feeling for owner and dog when a young un finds the beginings of purpose in life, they get that certain look of pure joy in thier eyes. A very different experiance over the home ground

seen this with the pointers running the hill at home and the lurchers with thier first run on live quarry, the terriers first sub terain visit. Amazing what we have created in a single animal through selective breeding :yes:

Some mention the physical differences between a wolf hound and one of those stupid little mexican things you could fit in a tea cup :rolleyes: , yet for me even that pails into pure insignificance to "purpose" having been bred into them ;)