mink control

rapid12

hi,

i have a stream running through my new home garden and i have seen mink working the ways, i have seen the little critter at all times of day but never been ready for them, whats the best time of day to nail the sod,? also, do i need to use steel shot upon the stream way in the middle of s/yorks?

cheers.

They seem to follow no pattern to me,I think on balance I've seen more early(before 10 a.m. morning) but happened on them more by chance than good planning.Have found cage trapping more effective,although less enjoyable,than shooting. http://www.sussexotters.org/pdf/Mink%20Control%20for%20Wildlife%20Conservation.pdf may be of interest.

I have used these traps to good effect http://www.trapman.co.uk/live-catch-humane-mink-trap.htm

hi,

i have a stream running through my new home garden and i have seen mink working the ways, i have seen the little critter at all times of day but never been ready for them, whats the best time of day to nail the sod,? also, do i need to use steel shot upon the stream way in the middle of s/yorks?

cheers.

You not got that yet ;) ha ha bet its smacking it's lips at the kids rabbit right now ;) ha ha

Tin of dog food with holes knocked into it and some patience ;)