Interesting article on BBC website, Should 12yr old kids be allowed to

m3vert

There was a programme on Discovery channel a while back regarding wild pigs in Australia, it is estimated there are around 7 million of them damaging all the land that get's in their way.

It was said it was an epidemic they can not control so may be that's one reason the encourage hunting, not to mention the Rabbit population etc.

They need more hunters to try and reduce numbers. Posioning is obviously out due to other animals.

I wouldn't mind a trip to hunt there.

Over here it varies from state to state. Where I live you can get a license at 12 after passing a safety course but you can't hunt alone till 16. Until you are 16 you have to be within close enough distance to a licensed hunter 18 or over that you can carry on a clear conversation.

In the uk you can hunt on your own with a shotgun i belive when you are 15 possibly 16 , Is three years really going to make a massive amount of difference .? I have shot around shooters a few years younger than myself and would trust them more than some adults .