my bit of permission.

steve glover

well i have rights on a chicken farm thats quite large and get along well with the owner,i only shoot sub 12ft/lb air rifle. Well he has a family friend whos been pleeding with him to take him out with the shot gun,,,,needless to say since he has gone round a couple of days and shot at a few a missed a few the rabbits seemed to have dissappered.... prob scared them off to the next field....think i may need to lay of the place for a month on the hope that they calm down and start coming back!!!!

Have they shot and killed most or the rabbits or is it a case of they have shot at and missed a lot of them so that the rabbits only come out to feed during the hours of darkness or early morning and late evening? It could be worth your while having a look about just after dawn or just before dusk, or try going out with a lamp if the farmer will allow you to!

You might also try getting permission from the neighbouring farmer. There's nothing to loose by asking but everything to gain mate!

very true, i think they bagged a couple but not loads..i think they have scared them off their feeding pattern so i will just lay low and leave them for a while.....i have other permissions to shoot so wont be a problem...its just a nice shoot thats all....

however i am trying to get abit more permission from my local area and could do with making some cards up to look alittle bit more professional, did look on vista print last night but there like 18 quid!!!

also want to get signed up and get some insurance cover cause i think that will help aswell.

thanks for your comments

go to your local farmers store like countrywide and ask to put up a card on there notice board and also ask if you can leave some cards at the trade counter so if they do a sale to a farmer or land owner they could give out a card ,you should be a member of the BASC as they are there to help with legal matters ;-) when i first started shooting i typed out a letter saying a bit about myself and iam offering free vermin control and then photo copied it 20 time ,then got the yellow pages and found 20 addresses and sent it to 20 local farmers ,i got 2 out of it ,

Edited by pigeon pete

It is but there is little point in clearing all the rabbits from the land if you only have one shoot, for me its about controlling the numbers where the farmer is happy and i can still get a few for the pot.

DONT let the farmer/landowner know you said that i think he or she would not be very happy at all :no: