Classic doubles Winchester 101 Field

stokie kev

Can anyone help me with a prospective purchase ?

I have been offered the 12 gauge shotgun which has probably the best piece of wood I have ever seen on a gun. I believe it to be American Walnut.

I have tried to research 'Classic Doubles' but can't find enough info to understand the origin.

At £800 the gun is not cheap so I would like to hear your views on the purchase.

No photos unfortunately but to me, the gun looks and feels perfect.

Can anyone help me with a prospective purchase ?

I have been offered the 12 gauge shotgun which has probably the best piece of wood I have ever seen on a gun. I believe it to be American Walnut.

I have tried to research 'Classic Doubles' but can't find enough info to understand the origin.

At £800 the gun is not cheap so I would like to hear your views on the purchase.

No photos unfortunately but to me, the gun looks and feels perfect.

i had one of these years ago and didnt like it, the wood looks almost plastic, at that price i wouldnt bother, if you want a true winchester have a look at avalon guns, hes got a winchester 101 diamond grade for similar money, now that is a gun

As much as I'm a fan of the 101, I'm afraid the Classic Double is at the lower end of the desirability factor regarding 101's.This doesn't mean they aren't good guns,but at that price I would respectfully suggest you are paying for the wood.

101 prices have risen again just recently,but about 5 years ago I paid just over 600 for a 'sleeper' form Avalon,sight unseen,but sent it back when the wood turned out to be that awful,almost bright orange!

I paid 800 for a Diamond Grade three years ago which has stunning wood,and yet some of those on 'guntrader' with plain wood are now selling for about that.

As has been suggested,have a really good look around first;there are many more very good examples out there.