Solved : Shogun, pajero rear fog lights not working?

djgeoff

i set about trying to sort no rear fog lights on the second hand shogun i bought recently.

symptoms were warning light displayed on dash but lights on at rear.

i started with the obvious, lamps which tested ok but i did find one of the holders a bit faulty, the negative side of the holder,a little copper contact that runs down the inside of holder needed a little tweak with a bit of hooked shape copper wire to pull it out a bit so it made contact with side of lamp / bulb.

but the main reason for failure of fogs turned out to be the little micro switch in the trailer socket, i had to break the socket cover to get it off due to rusty screws, but inside cover is a plug with grey and blue wires.

on testing this switch with multimeter it was faulty. so to confirm my finding i linked the grey and blue wires...... low and behold fogs now work.

hope this help any pw users here is picture as well highlighting micro switch and little button that is depressed when plug is inserted

regards geoff

Edited by djgeoff