lindisfarne..ducks?

dawntredder

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I shot Eccup resevoir last week, very poor because it was so still.

Shot the main channel this morning, plenty of wigeon flighting over, managed my first one from the foreshore. Missed loads as well.

Who were you shooting Eccup through if you dont mind me asking mate, i know a couple of people who have the shooting there ??

regards

Bell

av started doing the inland again but in nth yorks were I have my pigeon shooting,were as I used to do it nxt to Belford Northumberland..were do you do yours tony lad?..i might see you up satday al b up on which eva day is going to be worse weather fella..cheers Robbie :good:

Morning DT, where are shooting geese in north Yorks if you dont mind me asking ?...............obviously not a specfic location............just been nosey :lol:

Regards

Bell

I tried to attach your post to this but failed off my phone.

I am sorry to hear that you have suffered an injury as i like to hear whats going off up your neck of the woods. I hope you make a quick recovery.

Regards

Hcc

ps I used to like the Lindsfarne fowlers website

thx harry fella..a know a don't know what happened to it I cant seem to find it anymore.. :/:good:

I was up at Beal on Thursday morning and saw about 500 pinks come off the island. Trouble was they went North off the island and headed straight for Berwick. Didn't manage a shot but had a good morning watching a perigine chasing a few song birds about. Back again this weekend.

I was up at Beal on Thursday morning and saw about 500 pinks come off the island. Trouble was they went North off the island and headed straight for Berwick. Didn't manage a shot but had a good morning watching a perigine chasing a few song birds about. Back again this weekend.

Where were they stopping over night like mate ??

Up there this morning, yet another blank but should've had shots. A small skein of pinks took me by surprise and they would have been perfect. I saw around 60 pinks in total, very few ducks up the top end as well. I still haven't lost any enthusiasm even though I've done 1500 miles now over ten flights for one wigeon, I just see it as a learning curve. And i'm saving a fortune on cartridges.

Up there this morning, yet another blank but should've had shots. A small skein of pinks took me by surprise and they would have been perfect. I saw around 60 pinks in total, very few ducks up the top end as well. I still haven't lost any enthusiasm even though I've done 1500 miles now over ten flights for one wigeon, I just see it as a learning curve. And i'm saving a fortune on cartridges.

just a case of getting to know were t go on what day..never seems t be 2 flights the same..once you sus out the flightlines and the times they are moving you will start to get better results fella ..just keep at it..i never went up more than twice in a week mind and now I only go once each week and only if weather is going to be right or blowing the cobwebs away...cant see me back this season till av had surgery..but I can always hope! :good:

Snook point Graham.

Robbie, I think it's just a case of, all the gear, nee idea.

:lol::lol::lol: ...doesn't happen in ya 1st season take it as a steping stone of getting to know the place..thing is you got the right attitude and you seem to have that,i remember being as keen as that when I was younger its the way to be!! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...