How did the lough neagh shooters do on the 1st????

duck hunter

how did use all do on lough neagh on the 1st? we had 6 in the morning and 6 in the evening should of had more but was still happy! had ducks decoying but other people shooting put them off :angry: but im sure it happens everyone on the 1st and people shooting a birds a mile high didnt help the matter.

I was still happy overall :good: cant wait 2 get out again!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks just seen that you are both from Armagh I myself am from Armagh. Just looking some information about shooting on lough Neagh is it a local club that operates the shooting on the lough or is private individuals. Just looking some information if you could pass it on as I would love to shoot it some time in the future. Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out this morning with two other guys, their was a fairly thick fog and a frost on the ground, heading out in the boat it was hard to keep the tree line in view so we would know were we were on the lough, you don't want to drift out into open water and get lost in a thick fog, but we got up to our hide and unloaded our gear,back out in the boat and put the decoys out mallard and teal and some black and whites,it was starting to get light by that stage,their was a few ducks flying but nothing coming into the decoys at first ,then a couple came in for a look and all three of us missed not a feather hit,that happened a couple more times,then we started get our eye in and to our surprise we hit one then three came in and we dropped all three,we missed some and hit some more, we ended the day with 7 ducks they were all divers no mallard showed today at all.

yesterday was the first time this season i didnt lift a gun at a duck,ther was plenty of shooting going on around me heard of a few bags of 8 mainly all divers. i saw lots of divers flyin yesterday they wer all high and not interested in the decoys,

it gives th wind 2 pick up this wk so hopefully get a bita shooting this wk

me and mate out this morning had a great mornin. 3 tuffies 2 wigeon and 5 mallard. we waited to it had got light wer gona put decoys out and though it was a bit rough for our wee boat so left that idea. the duck jus flew past us the wind keeping them close to the shore. had some great shots. and its also 1st wigeons we hav ever got on our shore never had them before on our part of the lough.

got a decent mornin on the ducks 2day tuk a guest down this mornin as my shooting partner was working,we had 6 tuftys and 2 scaup they decoyed very well 2day,lots of ducks flying but majority in big flocks and not interested in the decoys but i was still happy and i got my 1st scaup ever this morning :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

hey, its pretty easy to travel to scotland with a firearm.when i booked the boat (p&o) i just informed them i would be carrying a firearm,on the day of departure i had to be ther 90 mins before sailing we had to fill in a form and show our permits its only a 5 min procedure, if travelling to the south u will need a european pass to travel with ur gun but to shoot u wil need a southern permit.

ok looks like scotland would be a lot less hassle

hey, its pretty easy to travel to scotland with a firearm.when i booked the boat (p&o) i just informed them i would be carrying a firearm,on the day of departure i had to be ther 90 mins before sailing we had to fill in a form and show our permits its only a 5 min procedure, if travelling to the south u will need a european pass to travel with ur gun but to shoot u wil need a southern permit.

cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...