9 Week old whippet for sale

mad68

Cant believe i`m doing this as i only bought him yesterday but my son is petrified of him and screams when hes near.

Its a lovely little black whippet with white chest, hes very friendly and playful.

I paid £150 for him and just bought crate,bowls leads and other stuff totaling £80.....wanting £150 for dog or £200 for the lot.

Collection from Huddersfield

Sorry to hear this, if it makes any difference my sisters kids were the same with dogs they are 3 and 6. I took my collie round a few times as he is very gentle and my sister wanted them to get over their fear after a couple of hours the 3 year old was cuddling him and now loves it when i come round with him. The 6 year old took longer with a few extra visits but is a lot better still does not like them and is cautious but is getting better and better every time i go round and enjoys playing with him and throwing the ball.

Up to you but might be worth persevering with them as they may become great friends like my neice and my collie.

:blink:

Seriously, having seen the pup last night its tiny and fairly quiet. Got to be worth a week to see inprovements and hopefully the 2 will be best mates within days

Thanks mate, My little lad has just come home from school (hes only 4) i`m trying to to think of things to do with the dog that he might find fun, cant go for a walk yet due to the vaccinations being next week....this is only a last resort and the wife seems to have calmed down a bit so i `ll see how it goes later......thats my shooting evening down the swanny

I'd just try and introduce them slowly, from a distance .. maybe play with the pup outside and get the wife to hold him up to the window and watch dad being daft with the dog. If the pup will chase a ball try getting him to throw it again from a distance while you hold the pup then realease to chase the ball.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't come round to the idea

I'd just try and introduce them slowly, from a distance .. maybe play with the pup outside and get the wife to hold him up to the window and watch dad being daft with the dog. If the pup will chase a ball try getting him to throw it again from a distance while you hold the pup then realease to chase the ball.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't come round to the idea

Ive just got him to throw a plastic bone for the pup and he seemed to like that....especially when he hit it on the head. :innocent: i suppose its up to me know to try what i can as i really wanted a whippet....lucky i didnt go for the greyhound :no:

On hold to me at the minute....hopefully :good:

Edited by mad68

Agreed with all the "Keep him" posters - my 4 year old was initially freaked-out by my whippet x Bedlington pup (and there's a lot of whippet in her). 10 months on, the 2 are inseparable. Hope things work out alright mate - whippets are great wee dogs, loyal, friendly and - once they're settled in - are among the laziest and chilled-out wee characters in dog-world.

My wife still remains to be convinced but when she goes out jogging, guess who's her running mate? ;)

Provided the dog isn`t showing any aggression it would be a great shame to get rid yet.

I wouldn`t be at all surprised to see a great friendship blossum between the two.

aggression its 9 weeks old ***

Best and cheapest option is threaten the child with re homing :good:

Then get everyone being sensible and give the child time to adjust to the pup, It will do the child a huge amount of good to have a dog about as well as the supposed health benefits of a dirtier house (I kid you not) it will also help them not to grow up scared of animals and once old enough to walk the dog then the exercise benefit is there.

Thanks for the messages guys, unfortunately its not my son now its the wife, shes just come home from shopping after leaving the dog for 50 minutes and hes crapped in his crate which is in the kitchen......i`m fighting a losing battle to be honest.

She did tell me that he would have to be alone for at least 2 hours a day due to work and the kids at school but i didnt listen....she now wants rid :no:

2 Hours alone isn't the end of the world for a pup to be left ... did she expect it to be house trained when you got it ?

Was this a family decision to get a dog or did you surprise her with getting it ?

The pup doesdn't really deserve to be shunted around in different homes so I think you need to decide now what you are going to do, rehoming is probably best as the pup is going to bond with a new ownewr more now than when its 5 months old.

2 Hours alone isn't the end of the world for a pup to be left ... did she expect it to be house trained when you got it ?

Was this a family decision to get a dog or did you surprise her with getting it ?

The pup doesdn't really deserve to be shunted around in different homes so I think you need to decide now what you are going to do, rehoming is probably best as the pup is going to bond with a new ownewr more now than when its 5 months old.

Agreed - if the dog doing a tom-tit in an enclosed area such as a cage is causing spouse issues then maybe best bet's to move her on. Maybe you could try rationalising the incident by explaining that at 9 weeks old they're only just weaned really - essentially toddlers - and not in full control of their bladder or bowels as we'd expect them to be at say 16-20 weeks old.

Decison time: time to cut your losses and either contact the breeder for an RTB or find someone that has the time to deal with toilet training and the other delights that come with owning a dog or - you can put up with the moods, cold shoulders, cutting comments and other stuff from SWMBO and end up with a good dog.

You have my sympathies mate - I sprung our dog on my wife as a surprise after only vaguely mentioning that I was thinking of getting a lurcher. She hit the roof...... initially..... now the dog's a de facto part of the family and that's that. She's had - and still has - her moments but she's only 10 months old. It takes time mate

I dont think the wife realized how hard it would be with a puppy, i work long hours and shes left with the dog in between the school run and shopping. i know it is hard looking after a puppy but she is now regretting it......

The dog is now for sale......

I dont think the wife realized how hard it would be with a puppy, i work long hours and shes left with the dog in between the school run and shopping. i know it is hard looking after a puppy but she is now regretting it......

The dog is now for sale......

please delete the thread....the dog is now staying