Good evening followed by decoying today

Fenny

Fenboy met me last evening at about 7pm and we set off down to a resevoir which has been having geese come in on the evening. For a while we thought they were not coming in and we saw a barn owl above us watching this we did not see 4 geese until late but managed to drop 1 then for ten minutes it went mad with about 300 geese coming in we eventually shot 6 greylag and finished up it was a fantastic flight.After we had a drive around for rabbitt but that was hard work only shooting 5 in the wind. Today I dropped the kids off at school and shoot pigeon for a few hours on wheat stubble with Fenboy we ended up with 20 .woodies overall a good last 24 hours have really enjoyed Fenboys company so pleased he had a great flight last night cheers Fenny

Well done lads! I had a similar weekend. I shot 4 greylag and a mallard on saturday morning, then had 88 pigeons 2 jackdaws and a crow yesterday afternoon on the same field.

I take it Fenboy has had his gun fixed.

Gun is all sorted and shooting straight ! , was just the gas piston had a bit broke off used it the next day and it worked ok but broke another bit off , was still working ! but I ordered a new one , so back to faultless now. :good:

Good to hear you had a decent bag , they seem to have been in shorter supply lately by your normal standards.

Edited by fenboy

Gun is all sorted and shooting straight ! , was just the gas piston had a bit broke off used it the next day and it worked ok but broke another bit off , was still working ! but I ordered a new one , so back to faultless now. :good:

Good to hear you had a decent bag , they seem to have been in shorter supply lately by your normal standards.

Yeah, this harvest has been terrible. My best bag before yesterday was 62. The field i shot yesterday should produce more good bags over the coming weeks if the farmer leaves it alone - it is covered in wheat. I've got my eye on a couple more fields, too, so the next month could be good.