Nikko Stirling Tactical

caplock

After deciding to change the scope that was on my CZ varmint HMR I have for sale

Nikko Stirling Gold crown 4-12X50 AO. Illuminated Number 4 reticule, quick adjust and zero resettable turrets.

Comes with pair of high mounts, allen keys and flip up scope covers, of which the front one has a split rubber but grips very well, instructions and also spare lithium cell.

Absolutely mint no marks.

Brilliant for lamping as the ret is very unfusy at night for lamping with the illuminated cross providing spot on reference for shot placement,

£80 posted

Cheers

post-1306-1157745325.jpg

sketch of the ret

post-1306-1157745416.jpg

How high would the lowest point of the front lense be lifted above the level of the scope rail?

I ask because my CZ 425 has iron sights which the object lense has to clear, if you see what I mean. A 42 front lense just fouls the rear iron sight with ordinary mounts.

Thanks

Hi ev

Good question actually I never bothered to look as the varmint had no sights. From memory i think it was about 10 mm but this would depend on the mounts used. I know my mate has to remove the rear sight element/ramp when using a scope with a large objective with his cz classic .22. pm me if you are interested in a scope only price should you want to shop around and get your own mounts locally

Cheers

Hi ev

Good question actually I never bothered to look as the varmint had no sights. From memory i think it was about 10 mm but this would depend on the mounts used. I know my mate has to remove the rear sight element/ramp when using a scope with a large objective with his cz classic .22. pm me if you are interested in a scope only price should you want to shop around and get your own mounts locally

Cheers

I was sort of half hoping the 'hi' mounts would make it clear the iron sight.

I'm using a 4x32 on the new CZ at the moment, and I've had a hell of lot of rabbits in the last month since I got it - over a hundred, but small mag sight isn't up to the accuracy of the rifle at ranges over 50yards. The guesswork involved in a 70 yard rabbit head with a 4Xmag sight is too great for really good shooting. I'm amazed that the group sizes are as small as they are on zeroing targets, given that I'm guessing where the bull is by centring the cross in the outer ring because I can't see the bull under the cross hairs.

Any chance you could measure the height of the bottom of the objective in relation to the scope rail please. I note your guess of 10mm, but you'll understand I need to know the exact rise given by the hi mounts you're including in the deal as described.

Many thanks

Hi ev

Cheers

I'm using a 4x32 on the new CZ at the moment, and I've had a hell of lot of rabbits in the last month since I got it - over a hundred, but small mag sight isn't up to the accuracy of the rifle at ranges over 50yards. The guesswork involved in a 70 yard rabbit head with a 4Xmag sight is too great for really good shooting. I'm amazed that the group sizes are as small as they are on zeroing targets, given that I'm guessing where the bull is by centring the cross in the outer ring because I can't see the bull under the cross hairs.

Any chance you could measure the height of the bottom of the objective in relation to the scope rail please. I note your guess of 10mm, but you'll understand I need to know the exact rise given by the hi mounts you're including in the deal as described.

Many thanks

No problems I'm out with the rifle tmrww and will check for you. I do think though that the rear sight asy will have to be removed as any of the cz's with iron sights that I've seen have been when used with a scope above 32mm objective.

P.s I 'm guessing that the mounts included are 'high' although I don't have any definative specs as to what constitutes a high mount. Maybe someone more in the know can enlighten me

Cheers

Hi ev

Cheers

Many thanks

No problems I'm out with the rifle tmrww and will check for you. I do think though that the rear sight asy will have to be removed as any of the cz's with iron sights that I've seen have been when used with a scope above 32mm objective.

P.s I 'm guessing that the mounts included are 'high' although I don't have any definative specs as to what constitutes a high mount. Maybe someone more in the know can enlighten me

Cheers

OK mate. I'm off this afternoon and out shooting so will look at how the rear sight comes off. If it's simple to remove and reinstate it might be suitable. Just send me the measurement from the scope rail level to the bottom of the objective if you can.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Ev

Right just had a measure up.

I've placed the scope on an air rifle to compare, as I spent a while re zeroing the new scope I didn't want to remove it before tonights session!. My CZ varmint has 1 or 2mm more lift between the receiver and barrel as compared to the air rifle whose cylinder grooves are machined almost parallel it's barrel. The gap shown between objective and cylinder is 8mm

The mounts are 50mm high from tip to top. Are these high mounts??, dunno.

Pics attached.

Cheers

post-1306-1158154752.jpg

post-1306-1158154764.jpg

Hi - thanks for the photos Tracker.

I think they are high mounts, but they aren't a pair. If you had another of the ones with the lower opening, it would be great. I believe they are for use with open sights, allowing you to use the open sight through the hole underneath the scope. Odd, but I an remember times in pi**ing rain when I could have used that feature when the scope was soaked, misted and useless. It looks to me that if you had two of those mounts, it would fit fine. I don't really want to take off the open sight though. I'll lose it for sure.

£80 posted first class recorded delivery, mounts of your choice. evily has expressed interest and therefore is no 1 in Q, waiting for cheque. Scope cost £110 just over the year ago

Cheers :drool:

I agreed to buy it, but if smoothely beer is desperate for it, I'm Ok. It's not a problem. If he is serious I don't mind. Do you want it Smoothely mate? Say the word and it's yours.

no not desperate,was intrested because got one of these non ill on my 222 its bang on,havnt seen a ill one though thought itd do for spare and its prob cheap at what your asking, but not cheap enough yet to be tempted and ramsbotom doin 4.5-14x50pxad £65 new posted with flip ups etc it was just the illuminated bit that was sumat diffrent that prompted me to ask.

Ok Caplock. I'll put a cheque in the post this weekend, unless you want to do Paypal, in which case you can have the money in your account more or less right now.

I'll check back later and then sort it out. - oh and unlike smoothelybeer, I need the see through mounts.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Cheque in post now. You shpuld have it by Monday.