Insurance Renewal

straightshooter1

yes certainly with BASC there is a personal accident cover included, the funny thing about anyone mentioning cheap insurance is that certainly my insurance cost £10.50 with BASC far cheaper than any "insurance" out there.

Then you pay £55.50 to keep the boys in jobs doing good

So would I be insuring myself against being sued for accidentally shooting somebody or myself ? Could I claim on my policy if I got shot ?

If you have a personal insurance it will usually have legal expenses. Country Cover Club, for instance, has £10,000 personal accident cover that pays out set amounts against certain levels of permanent disability arising from an accident to yourself while engaged in one of the insured sports, and also Hospital Benefit for any stay in hospital. There is a further £25,000 legal expenses for P/A that would allow you to pursue a third party for further compensation, or injuries not covered by the P/A schedule.

If you cause damage to a third parties person or property, the P/L is up to £10m payout if you are proven negligent, or up to £10m legal defence if the claim against you was spurious or not as a result of your negligent action.

Most personal insurances encompass these heads of cover at various levels. Club insurances may not be as comprehensive, eg, while P/L may be in place, P/A and legal defence may not. In every case, you are insured for what is written in the Policy, and have to read it and it's terms and conditions to know your levels of cover in any given situation.

yes certainly with BASC there is a personal accident cover included, the funny thing about anyone mentioning cheap insurance is that certainly my insurance cost £10.50 with BASC far cheaper than any "insurance" out there.

Then you pay £55.50 to keep the boys in jobs doing good

All the major country sports insurers work in the a similar way.

Cover is under a master policy that covers all subscribers to the organisation's membership. Insurance bought in bulk in this way enables the organisations to be able to offer cover to their members at a total cost well below the cost of buying stand alone policies. The BASC master policy will cost them well in excess of £1,000,000 per annum

Having bought the Master Cover in this way, there is then considerable administration in providing membership services to subscribing members, ie queries arising, claim handling, documentation forwarding etc. In addition, further services are provided - magazine, research services, political lobby etc.

The main reason that the different membership organisations providing shooting and country sports insurance within membership vary, is not because the quality of cover is substantially different, but because the additional benefits of the organisations vary.

Many of the providers of membership insurance are non-profit i.e. the gross costs of membership fees are simply the divided cost of the total operation back to members.

Every shooter benefits from BASC's unceasing investment to research, information, press coverage, and political support, whether you belong to them or not. To a large degree, your freedom to do what you currently do in the countryside is a direct result of BASC / CPSA / SACS / C-A etc fighting the rural corner on behalf of every shooter. This costs money, and the costs of membership above the basic cost of insurance are 100% invested in direct members' benefits, and indirectly for every rural worker and sportsman.