Keeping Ferrets

fiiish1987

Hi all.

I know someone's probably going to shout at me :good: as this has probably been covered in an old post but i did a search for "keeping ferrets" and nothing came up so here goes.

I'm interested in getting a/some ferrets, possibly for huning although i've not realy looked at that aspect. Could you please let me know what i'm getting myself into i.e rough costs, what basics are required, where to keep them, diet etc. Are there clubs around to join? Can anyone recomend any good books? All help apreciated

Thanks. Fiiish

Hiya, I'm also new to ferreting, not so ferret keeping as we have had two as pets for some time, but on a larger scale every thing is alittle more different.

The only advice I can offer is what I have done today, find a local rescue center and ask if they would not mind you paying them a visit and asking your questions. The rescue center that I visited today was overly helpful and thrilled to help me even lending me books to read through.

I think most rescues will be willing to help, even over the telephone as if you make the wrong choice, they are usualy the ones left to deal with over crowded shelters.

Good luck, and enjey.... ho, and if you do go, wear trousers that fit tightly to your legs :good::lol: