basic setup

jimboozle

chaps,

Just starting pigeons on my own - what do you reckon is the minimum kit I need to get cracking?

My cam and concealment skills are pretty good, so the hide and clothing isn't a worry, and I have a decent 12G O/U. I'm just not sure about the decoying side of things....

Any advice would be much appreciated!

jim

I would say basics , 10-12 flocked shells , something to sit on thats a decent height for you , 4 hide poles and a couple of decent hide nets of around 12'x5' you may get away with one if you have plenty of cover to back up to .

I would also suggest you have some neck props for setting out dead birds as decoys , bamboo kebab skewers are a cheap option from your local supermarket.

you will need something to put your gear in such as a army or fishing rucksack ans a bag that will take your cartridges .

That lot will get you shooting but I would get something to add movement when funds allow either a magnet of flapper or both.

Jim,

You want the short list or the long list?.....lol we could be here all night tho.

Poles, hide net, 12-18 shells, 2 bouncers, seat or bucket, bag to carry all, machete, cap with camo facial cover, neck props or cradles can be easily made with shirt angers from laundry shops.

But for me the most important thing are the boots or the wellies, once your feet get cold, the only thought in your head will be....home sweet home and it will put you off shooting for that winter cold day.

I will ask around if anybody as some spares, I'm sure that one of the syndicate member as told me on saturday if I wanted some cheap good shells and I think I have a big net somewhere and I have a spare bouncer stick, if of course you don't mind second hand stuff.

Mark