proof mark for steel shot

pedro68

hi there , i have a laurona eibar 12g over and under. my problem is i can see no markings that say if this can take 3" cartridges and if its proofed for steel shot. what should i be looking for and does anyone know if these guns are okay for this load of cartridge as i want to go shooting geese and need to get this sorted beforehand.any information regarding this gun and marks etc would be much appreciated.

Peter

Not wishing to hijack the thread but it looks like both Pedro68 and I have similar guns and I too would be interested in knowing about this. I have recently bought a Laurona O/U and am not sure about "translating" the proof marks. As I would like to maybe try a bit of wildfowling I would also want to know if it is proofed for steel shot. Maybe someone "in the know" could help us both out by explaining what these marks mean please.

The marking on the gun are as follows:

On the top left of the chambers = Laurona Ebar 3" Magnum

Made in Spain

On the left side of both chambers = 18.5

On the left side of the action (The part attached to the barrels) just below the ejectors what looks like= 1/370 gmos D*2

On the right side of the action (The part attached to the barrels = 326221 (This I know is the serial number)

The proof marks which are on both barrels on the right hand side just in front of the chambers are as shown in the attached photo.

post-17172-0-45429700-1348994983_thumb.jpg

hi there , the markings you have shown are the same as on mine,will the markings of the fleur de llys still be stamped on older guns ,i was wondering if we could use standard steel shot and not the high performance, im going to the gun shop tomorrow to see what they say, il let you know what they say.

Peter