tikka t3 hunter wood 243 any member review pls

remy 700

Hiya, Not exactly the same gun...BUT...my mate recently bought a .brand new 243 Tikka T3 Lite, fantastic gun, shoots on the button every time..I've had a good couple of dozen rounds through it, and love it..;) Bit of a kick tho, being the Lite model...but you soon get used to it. He liked it so much that three weeks ago, he bought (again new) the same model in .223, 8 rounds to sight it, and it was shooting really well, again, I've had about 30 rounds through it, and it's a stunning gun.... If I ever get rid of my Remmy 700, I might just be having one myself..:)

No factory rifle is better for the money than the T3 in my opinion I've got one in 6.5x55 I've also got a howa 1500 both in ambi hunter wood as im left handed,and while this is a great rifle he tikka is better ill never get rid of it but I'm thinking of also getting one in 30-06 as well, you won't regret it mate I can assure you......

Edited by tigger

It will be the one in the middle in .243, what can I say, it does what it says on the label and likes 90g, with the right load it is basically 1 hole at 100 yards!

post-20848-0-28072800-1350074252_thumb.jpg

T3 Lite .223 is at the top, out of the box the Hunter is a MUCH better balanced rifle! :yes:

Rem 700 in .308 at the bottom. :good:

Edited by Dekers

I had a T3 Hunter in .243 and could not fault it appart from on one occasion when I'd failed to oil the stock sufficently and the wind, rain and hail was blowing a hooley. The stock swelled up and the bolt release catch was pinned shut, it was a problen at the time as I had accidently got the muzzle in the snow whilst crawling through the snow to close in on a Roe and therefore could not check the barrel. I changed out the stock to a lite synthetic stock but decided against it's cheap feel after just a few outtings and just went back to the wood but made sure it allways had a good dry out and oiling after any damp adventures.

I also had the barrel shortened to 16 3/4" and a CMM-4 mod fitted which proved for a lovely light rifle with a great balance, unlike as mentione above mine was fine with every round I could find, no groupings at 100yards bigger than 1", but I'm no sniper I was not looking for pinhole accuracy just consistant safe shooting. I typically used 100gn Norma SP as I used the rifle for Reds but moved for a short period to 75gn Accutail BT's as I was told I'd need a lighter round since I shortened the barrel. Wasn't the case but I had to use up the bullets I bought!

I'd have one again, I only got rid of it so I could get a lighter round for supplememnting my .270 better, it was replaced with a Sako 85 hunter in .22-250 but it hardly see the light of day as the .270 get out on nearly every outting.

Cheers,

Edited by aliS