WWII stuff maybe for sale??

MM

A friend has asked me if i could find out some info on some bits her father brought back after the war. If anybody could give me some ideas, it would be appreciated. Ive got some pics, but they are too big to upload, so if anyone can also help with that hahah Ta again.

I'll be honest, if you are looking to sell/value WW2 memorabilia I'm sure a Google search would produce forums with better user base to try and shift this sort of stuff too.

just thinking about it, you might be right. also, im being a bit vague here as well. hahah, anyway, ive managed to find some pics of the stuff online.

sadag_out.jpg

one of these in as good condition.

one of these

tumblr_l8wveyDWKG1qzid25o1_400.jpg

one of these winter campaign medals.

1000_600_Studen%C3%A9%20masi.jpg

and other various badges and buckles. the dagger seems to be in great condition.

You need make sure there not reproductions first

I collected German militaria for years and there's more fake stuff than genuine

Not saying your friend is lying but the fake stuff started as soon as the war ended

Werhmacht awards forum is your best bet for authentication and to sell ir value

It certainly is. http://www.militaria.co.uk/

What sort of stuff have you got?

That place looks the nuts, nice one. I used to trade WWII german lids but the game moved on a bit when the prices sky rocketed and there were so many top class repros that I didn't have the confidence to buy anything other than the less spectacular items. The mainstay of my collection are rather tired but 100% original items. I think theres about 20 or so left in storage, mostly Lufty and Heer. I have a couple of quite rare ones that I picked up when I was a kid in junk shops. £50 in the mid eighties would get you a top notch helmet that would not have been fiddled with. It's 10 times that now for something similiar.

i see the yanks got caught out ,they were going over to see old German solders and trying to buy there iron crosses from them ,and one old German solider was a machinist and still had his old tools ,he and a few of his m8s stated to make iron crosses and sold them to the yanks ,they didn t realize ,as when a expert looked at them ,he said there the real thing ,there made with the right tools lol

The yanks have a wealth of militaria from WWII. Each troop had a footlocker that they could fill up with whatever they wanted and bring home. Our lot were not allowed to land anything bar their personal effects and issued kit. They were made to dump all their trophies over the side before reaching port! A chap that I used to work with said that his grandad bust his nuts humping round a variety of finds that he'd collected between 1944 and 1946 only to have to ditch the lot on the approach to Folkestone.

Unfortunately the recession has affected the prices im just glad I sold most of my collection before it hit

I had some lovely helmets and at the time you were getting 2 dollars to the pound so I got some great prices of the yanks

Still have my favourite piece a 10'x 4' double sided party banner that was one of four hanging on the front of the library in Munich I bought it from the vet who removed it a captain in the Us Rangers

Unfortunately the recession has affected the prices im just glad I sold most of my collection before it hit

I had some lovely helmets and at the time you were getting 2 dollars to the pound so I got some great prices of the yanks

Still have my favourite piece a 10'x 4' double sided party banner that was one of four hanging on the front of the library in Munich I bought it from the vet who removed it a captain in the Us Rangers

Good timing. I'm sure prices will move again but I've noticed much brisker trade in de-acs, edged and Russian kit. I'm going to sit on my helmets for a while until I'm satisfied that at least I'll get cost plus inflation. Could be a while.

My favouritre peice is a pair of WWI German field glasses with a period sticky label and an all but gone fountain pen enscription that says 'captured mametz wood july 1916, a name, welsh something'. It was a bootfair find when I was 13. Cost me a quid. I had it up for a bullseye in my cabinet at the malthouse and it didn't get a sniff! These are very hard times. If I had a good lump of wedge I'd be buying like stink now. Its a proper buyers market.