1st Pigeon Shoot today

kystal120

After spending a few nights lamping for the Essex Hunter bashing a few foxes in the Essex Countryside , it was time to be taken out into the hide.

Just like my baptisium into Fox Shooting the weather wasnt with me for my Pigeon Baptisium ,that light drizzle was going to take its toll . Again the master took me into the freshley drilled field like a pack horse loaded up i trudged on

Watched and help set up the hide and set a decoy pattern up 25 to 45 yards out and sat down gun on lap, The master gave me my orders , and explained the hand signels ... time to wait , it wasnt long as one came into the pattern .... on my side , fumbleded the safety catch popped up and bang.... one down striaght into the pattern , a nice pat on the back from the master.... I HAD A SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR.

day continued slow but we still managed to knock a few more out the sky ... rain got heavy later on so called it a day ,,,

Thanks to the Master ( the Essex Hunter ) i had my 1st day in the hide and couldnt of spent a better day in the field with a true master who passed on some of his weath of knowlege to me ,,, many thanks ,,, what a great baptisium ,,, even got wet ..

Martin

That's the first of many days crouching behind hides not moving till the last minute and the achieving you'll goal. Well done to the "Master" for allowing you to carry all the gear to the chosen spot, you will now appreciate to go light in your future ventures . The problem is not carrying the gear on the field but carrying your hundred plus bags of pigeon off the field in the future. Welcome to the sport of Pigeon Shooting.