rixton clay shoot

mikky

mikky - small shoot, just off the East Lancs, on the left, just before you get to Leigh Dogs Home. Prices seem steep to me. Not many stands and they didn't seem to vary much. I went there - on and off - for a couple of years.

Last time I went, I was stood in the doorway to the cabin, waiting to book in. A clay came through the window - at the side of the cabin - and showered the lad at the desk and the person in front of me with glass. I started to get worried about their attitude to safety. I think it has changed hands since - thankfully. Parking isn't brilliant.

Rishton is probably closer to you and is light years ahead.

I use Rixton all the time. OK the parking can be hard sometimes especially if its a dry sunny day.

but as for safety there is no compromise.

They have 6 stands but they always move them around so they are never the same.

As for one going through the window hhmmm that is a new one on me but then I have only been going there 12 months.

Greetings all. I am one of the owner / operators at Rixton and have been there for over 10 years. Safety is paramount and we have 4 CPSA safety officers on site at every shoot.

I cant recall a clay hitting any window whilst ive been at the club as the clays are set up in an area away from the booking office. Maybe that was on another shooting ground or pre my time here.

We are a small freindly shoot with the lowest membership costs in the UK and our member prices for shooting are less than average at any other shoot.

30 bird sporting with fully automatic traps which are different every shoot. Open every other sunday at Morleys lane Astley. M29 7EW.

Next shoot on Sunday 4th November 2012.

Greetings all. I am one of the owner / operators at Rixton and have been there for over 10 years. Safety is paramount and we have 4 CPSA safety officers on site at every shoot.

I cant recall a clay hitting any window whilst ive been at the club as the clays are set up in an area away from the booking office. Maybe that was on another shooting ground or pre my time here.

We are a small freindly shoot with the lowest membership costs in the UK and our member prices for shooting are less than average at any other shoot.

30 bird sporting with fully automatic traps which are different every shoot. Open every other sunday at Morleys lane Astley. M29 7EW.

Next shoot on Sunday 4th November 2012.

welcome to the forum...i am a beginner at clay shooting,but have been shooting rabbits for years on the farms,do you cater for beginners or do i just have a go,i am not after tuition,i was ok at birds going away but crossers and towards me,not a chance...but i did enjoy it...my fac is up in 2 years and i wont be renewing,i hope to spend more time on the clays instead.

cheers

mikky

The trap was placed at the side of the booking on hut as a going away bird. One clay came out of the side of the trap and through the window.

I was actually at the ground, in the doorway of the hut, when it happened. It is not another ground. I can't remember just how long ago it was - quite a few years ago - haven't been back since.

I am glad that safety has been improved.

Ahhh got ya, must have been a fair old time off. New booking in offices are inplace now and you cant actually get a trap next to the cabins. Carparking has been increased and we have an overspill field now aswell aslong as it hasnt rained heavy and made the field soft.

Lots of planned improvements to come and some new areas to shoot from.

As I said in my previous post I have been going for about 12 months, Since then I have gone from C class to A class with the help of Barry the excellent coach and other members of staff of whom always go out of their way to help and give more than welcome advice.

So I would say to definitely pop along it is a good and friendly little club.

Edited by thegazbo