ATV Mule or Quad and which make

Kes

Hi all,

A fairly simple question I hope for those of you with experience. I am trying to decide (not on cost) which is better for general farm work in a fairly undulating landscape. Tasks like fencing, feeding animals and logging. I would like a Kawasaki mule (can tow tailer) and with hydraulic tipping section, or should I be looking for a Quad for tough tasks

I'm sure a quad is better for steeper ground but doesnt have a roll cage. Can get two on a mule with tools and carry 500kgs without trailer. Quad is 70kg front rack and 60 back but equipment isnt that easy to carry ?

So which type would you get (assuming price isnt critical) A good new quad at maybe £8K or a mule for an extra 2.

I'm assuming I can get a second hand one of each for about the same but cant decide which.

Help !

I have a quad, its great but theres is so much more going for a Mule type vehicle, when I trade in Ill go for a Mule type.

Alan

My quad is great, I'd be lost without it, but for general shoot use, should the time come when I need to replace the quad it would be replaced with a 4 wheel drive mule type vehicle.

webber

I have had very many and have driven mules , massey , and arctic cat sit in atvs plus argos all really good , quads ; honda ,kawasaki , suzuki and polaris , the most bomb proof quad was an old ausy 300 kawasaki , look mainly at ride hieght (Not always higher better) especially if you intend upland hill farm use , the suzukis are independent suspension not mono shock which I find lethal on banks.Have a look at a massey ferguson mule style vehicles superb quality without the name of the others in this market, diesel (red of course) . The polaris 6 wheel drives are a magnificent vehicle , these will nearly go as far as an argo cat , p.m if you want anymore info on atvs , cheers remy 700

I have had very many and have driven mules , massey , and arctic cat sit in atvs plus argos all really good , quads ; honda ,kawasaki , suzuki and polaris , the most bomb proof quad was an old ausy 300 kawasaki , look mainly at ride hieght (Not always higher better) especially if you intend upland hill farm use , the suzukis are independent suspension not mono shock which I find lethal on banks.Have a look at a massey ferguson mule style vehicles superb quality without the name of the others in this market, diesel (red of course) . The polaris 6 wheel drives are a magnificent vehicle , these will nearly go as far as an argo cat , p.m if you want anymore info on atvs , cheers remy 700

Remy - thanks, it may be a while but I'll come back to you when I plan to buy - its appreciated.

With your budget you could get a new Polaris Ranger 400, or even a 2 year old 900 diesel

There is no comparison between a ranger and a quad if you are carrying gear. The quad will win if you're chasing cattle but other than that it's Ranger all the way.

There is also the option of a roof and windscreen for inclement weather.

PM if you need more info

JF