what Gun

elz

Try the Logun Solo, light, accurate, and sensible money. They now have a optional manual rotary magazine, which covers the only down side which was the fiddly pellet loading. £550 should cover the gun, scope, dive bottle and fittings. Pick up the dive bottle & fitting from a dive shop the cost will be cheaper, and check the date on the bottle.

Pat

is £550 including charge equipment? if so this could bring the money you have to spend on a rifle down to £300-450 so that puts a new S410 out of your price range!

check out he sales section on here and other forums, some nce rifles come up all the time.

The bets thing you can do is find out where your local club is and pop along to try variouse rifles for yourself. What suites one person may not be suitable for another. Could be personal taste it could be you think the rifle is butt ugly. But nothing beats hands on experiance of rifles out there.

If you have £550 for rifle alone, take a look at a second hand Daystate MK3, electronic trigger, 10 shot mag a very nice rifle.

ROB :good:

For that sort of money, try the Air Arms S200 if you like the look of it. Some people don't. I have one in .177, with a multi shot kit on it, and it's the best gun I've ever had! They are very quiet with the silencer fitted, a few weeks ago I shot 3 rabbits one after the other before the rest realised what was happening and legged it! They are also very light. I get 60 full power shots per charge, and the bottles are removable so you can take a spare with you if you need it. All in all, a great little rifle :good:

do you want to buy your kit new or second hand?

are you going to be hunting or targets?

and verminhunter 99% of all PCP rifles are made in Britain, its actualy one thing we still make and we make them well (well mostly). Its easier to mention the rifles NOT made in this counrty:

AA S200 (CZ factory, probably one of the longest running fire arms producer in europe)

Logun rifles (no idea where they are made but the quality sucks)

Brocock (again no idea, some are made in the uk some assembled in the uk and some imported complete)

logun (sweden)

probably a couple of others i cant think of at the moment, but i would in no way ever say the AA S200 is a second rate rifle for being made outside of the UK.

the only rifle i would NOT recomend GUN POWER RIFLES AND LOGUN RIFLES both of those companies have a very poor track record for producing rifles that need to be sent back many times. Apart from the Logun PROFESIONAL MK2 thats a decent little rifle, but at close to £1000 there are much better rifles out there.

ROB

stick with british made, daystate or air-arms you will not go wrong

For £550 for the whole kit you aren't gonna get much rifle by the time you've paid £100+ for pump/cylinder & charging hose, £50-£100 for 'scope + gunslip etc, etc. Have a look for a good second-hand rifle preferably with 'scope and charging kit. I'd recommend the AA S200 as I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about them apart from looks.

verminshooter29,

Daystate are are made in Arizona so I don't think they're British....I could be wrong.

Roblade,

Just idle curiosity....but....what did Logun do to you?....you seem to have a pathological hatred of them :good:

I've had my S16S for two years now and I've only had one minor problem (seal worn)

Daystate are are made in Arizona so I don't think they're British....I could be wrong.

Roblade,

Just idle curiosity....but....what did Logun do to you?....you seem to have a pathological hatred of them :good:

I've had my S16S for two years now and I've only had one minor problem (seal worn)

erm fairly certain (99%) that daystate rifles are made in the UK, it could be that the RWS 500 was a joint venture by Accuracy international (they helped design the stock) and daystate, it think it was a rifle aimed at the US market. not sure why you have the RWS 500 AND the daystate air ranger, there was a huge length of time between the two being released.

will send pm about loguns i have experianced :blush:

on the up side i also say DONT BUY GUNPOWER RIFLES but have owned 3 myself :blink: one i was lucky was good from new, the other two needed a lot of time and effort to sort out. The up side is they can be sorted out to a reasonable standard.

back on the main track of this thread you will get a much better rifle second hand than you could get new, even if its something that needs a bit of work (normaly o ring).

Dont forget to feel the new rifle sin the shop as well, see what rifle jumps out at you the most and then check the forums to see what people think of it (not that this really matters as your the one that will be shooting it), but check the sales sections as well, never know somebody mght be selling the perfect rifle for you just when you need it the most :blink:

enjoy

ROB :blink:

Cheers Rob

Well i have decided that im going to spend a little more as i have sold a few bits and bobs and raised a bit of cash. Im going to go for the........................ :good: BSA Hornet Multishot. :blush: ................. Going to check one out on Saturday if they have got it in stock.

I have priced one up in air gunner.....£480 with a hawk scope.

Any input on this will be great.

Cheers for the advice guys.

if your going to that sort of price, the S410 also falls in your price bracket, though you would ahve to add the price of a silencer to that (approx £20 second hand) , in the hornets favour it does have a standard 1/2unf adaptor on the barrel, so you can buy a decent silencer.

As i said though check out as many rifles as possible, i burnt my fingers buying my first rifle new, it cost me £270 from local shop and i sold it 6 months later for £150 :blush:

Which ever rifle you choose i sure you will have pleanty of fun with it.

all the best

ROB :good: