Land rover roof lining

ditchman

I have just finished replacing the roof lining material in my 25 year old county turbo, the material i used is a lot better quality than the old material, it is thermo, sound insulating, 3 piece construction , ticking on the back face (so if you get it wrong you can pull it off and relay it without destroying the foam) high density foam in the middle and the finish is like a sueded leather sort of,

price ....11 pound a metre off the roll, and i used 4 metres for all 3 roof sections

landrover never use enough rivets to hold the roof inplace so i put an extra 6 in, before i put the roof back in i riverted in place 6 strips of 3/4" wide aluminuim over the alpine windows, so when the roof went in, i bent these upwards and snipped them off so the roof surround would keep straight and not sag

rekon it has cut down the cab noise by 50 percent and the heater only needs to be on half

good result !

if you want to know anymore PM me

ditchman

good job simon,i can look forward to a nice warm and quiet journey next time on the pigeons!

judging by last time, it wont be quiet when we get there..wont even tell you how many cartridges we burnt the last 2 times out...still no pigeons on the burlingham farm yet..