pigeon bouncers

Matt Gould

• 2 weeks later...

I use bouncers, sometimes with only a dozen shell decoys in a sort of v shape with a bouncer or 2 landing about 10 yards from the back of the v as if they are coming in to land, I also use them when using a flapper and also on the odd occasion I get the rotary out. Depending on the wind direction and the shape of the pattern I generally put the bouncers to the back of the pattern(down wind as if they are flying into the wind) towards the outside of the pattern and put a flapper towards the front of the pattern.

Allot depends on how much stuff you can carry or how close you can get your car to where you are shooting, if you have a long walk then a few shell decoys and a bouncer or 2 with a dead pigeon on can add some movement to your pattern without carting a battery and suchlike with you.

I also prefer a dead bird rather than a plastic one, but do have a plastic one in my bag and might use it to get my first couple of birds for the bouncer and flapper.

I use bouncers, sometimes with only a dozen shell decoys in a sort of v shape with a bouncer or 2 landing about 10 yards from the back of the v as if they are coming in to land, I also use them when using a flapper and also on the odd occasion I get the rotary out. Depending on the wind direction and the shape of the pattern I generally put the bouncers to the back of the pattern(down wind as if they are flying into the wind) towards the outside of the pattern and put a flapper towards the front of the pattern.

Allot depends on how much stuff you can carry or how close you can get your car to where you are shooting, if you have a long walk then a few shell decoys and a bouncer or 2 with a dead pigeon on can add some movement to your pattern without carting a battery and suchlike with you.

I also prefer a dead bird rather than a plastic one, but do have a plastic one in my bag and might use it to get my first couple of birds for the bouncer and flapper.

:santa: :santa: :good:

I use bouncers and have had good days with them, a rotary will draw a bird better than a bouncer (in my opinion) BUT if say on laid crop you want a "guide" they can be deadly some of my best days ever have been shooting over laid crop using little more than a couple of bouncers almost in a line giving the appearance of them steaming into the laid area.

Cheers KW