Final I made them !

Mr Rizzini

Good job, Where did you get the paint.

I have some old shell decoys that need a touch up and also a couple of felt goose decoys that I know bring the pigeons in !! that need refreshing.

Was decoying geese with these in a stubble field and a good amount of pigeons came into them. I suppose you could call them magnum pigeon decoys?

I now have fuds for the geese but dont want to ditich these.

BBL

I have tried them painted without using fullers earth and the pigeons came in hot and heavy as well so I dont think there is a need to use the fullers to be honest, All I want them for is to lure birds so I can get 2 for the magnet bt they seem to keep coming to these decoys so try them without the fullers earth unless you can get some local then you might as well use it for peace of mind.

how did you mix your fullers earth mate?

Hi. Our exchanges are getting like crossed wires. I believe I gave a brief description to your post entitled "foam wings (what to do with them)" If i'm wrong then ping me again.

I note your previous comments on decoys without fullers earth. I too have had no major issues without it. However, on very bright cloudless days I have noticed birds flaring off and have walked well away from the pattern to view from a distance. It's quite surprising how these decoys can shine, particularly if on a rotary. So I err on the side of caution and use it.

Another quick tip fix in the field if the rotary arms or bouncer poles appear to flash is to make some mud and rub it on the offending area until you can repaint them.

HTH

Hey Bobba

sorry I thought it was a different person and just curious as to if they done things the same, cheers for your help mate. I have solved my glint problems on the magnet by cutting a 2 inch wide bandage from the hide scrim below and wapping it around my magnet. I first paint the whole thing matt black and when finished with the scrim its doesnt glint.

1 meter will do for your magnet plus you can make your own head mask etc ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JACK-PYKE-ENGLISH-WOODLCAMO-HIDE-NET-CLEAR-VIEW-PER-MTR-/190482928279?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2c59aad297

Hey Bobba

sorry I thought it was a different person and just curious as to if they done things the same, cheers for your help mate. I have solved my glint problems on the magnet by cutting a 2 inch wide bandage from the hide scrim below and wapping it around my magnet. I first paint the whole thing matt black and when finished with the scrim its doesnt glint.

1 meter will do for your magnet plus you can make your own head mask etc ;)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c59aad297

Just use a few different colours bit of red, black, yellow, over a base of green stipple on with a cut down paint brush!!

Then take a shotch brite and scuff the paint over which will take off the gloss!!

Why you guys make it so complicated I have know idea…..keep it simple as it will spill over in to your shooting and you will be have app’s on your phone for the pattern shape!

:oops:

TEH

I thought buying one can of matt black and 5 mins to wrap scrim around it would be easier than buying a few different colours of paint, I also have tried using the scotch pad to score the matt black but it still glints a little compared to being wrapping in hide scrim.

I diffinately wont be putting any apps on my phone lol

10021079.ac9e92aabbd82ed796dfa5289d5c836d.jpg