Underlever Rifles

Cyrus1988

I've been hoping to find something similar for a Winchester 1887 shotgun but, so far, with no success.

Good luck with your search and, if you *do* find something interestin', please keep us all informed. Thanks.

Regards,

Mark.

I'll hopefully be joining a small bore indoor range soon and once I complete my probationary period and apply for my FAC I was hoping to get a slot for .22 lr leveraction. Would it be frowned upon to use one on a 25yard indoor range?

It depends really. Some clubs only like genuine target rifles (single shot martini's and bolt actions) and look down at leveractions or even worse...self loaders including them dastardly blackguns! If these is what you're intrested in getting i would enquire before you apply for membership to save any grief.

Henry make a fantastic leveraction 22 by the way.

I'll hopefully be joining a small bore indoor range soon and once I complete my probationary period and apply for my FAC I was hoping to get a slot for .22 lr leveraction. Would it be frowned upon to use one on a 25yard indoor range?

If they allow it - it would be a fantastic 25yard gun, lovely rifles to shoot and the reason I have two, I love shooting them.

I wanted open sights on mine but the truth is I found it was very hard to use them effectively in the field on rabbits, fine out to 35-40yards on clay pigeon targets set on the ground but I ended up putting scopes on both of mine.

And now the "any excuse" photo, the top one is my 9422M (22 mag) the bottom one is 22LR

bb544a46.jpg

Regards,

Gixer

Underlevers make great indoor / outdoor galley guns.

If the range permits shooting them, you'll love the smile they bring.

I've had a few in .22LR and .38 / .357 cals.

This one is my favourite which is lovely to shoot and was a departed friends rifle so sentimental as well -

Winchester3.jpg

Oh to turn up at the clay ground with one of those !

It's not *actually* good for clay shootin' - *what* a surprise... - but then, I'm pretty rubbish at clay shooting *anyway*. (The Chiappa is still in its "honeymoon" period where I'm using it for *all* my shotgunning.)

I don't fully understand some of the written desription, as in 5 in the mag and 2 in the receiver ?

It's a bit different to most guns in that, as you close the action, the cartridge under the bolt gets pushed a little way into the mag. Therefore, it should reeeely be described as having a capacity of "5.25 + 0.75 + 1". That is, it holds seven or two rounds depending upon which Right Cartridge Guide is fitted. (Mine is the "Cowboy Hunter" version and comes with both RCGs.)

Good video on you tube to see one in use.

Not really. I did quite a bit of surfin' before I ordered the gun and would've really appreciated a *good* video. A little over a year ago, I used it, for the first time, at our club's Xmas shoot. I showed the resulting video to the importer and he wanted to use it for his website.

I suggested that he hold on until I had a better quality video but, so far, I haven't made one. (I don't have a camcorder for a start...)

I've yet to find what I'd consider a really *good* video of a Chiappa/Norinco clone being used. So far, the best, I suppose, is the Russian (or whatever) chap shooting PSG in the snow.

I also would like to do a video detailing the *operation* of the gun as well. For example, a cartridge is not released from the mag until the hammer is dropped which often fools first-time users.

It ain't the best or quickest gun for *any* shotgun discipline but it *is* an absolute *hoot* to shoot. :)

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by ChAoS

It's not *actually* good for clay shootin' - *what* a surprise... - but then, I'm pretty rubbish at clay shooting *anyway*. (The Chiappa is still in its "honeymoon" period where I'm using it for *all* my shotgunning.)

It's a bit different to most guns in that, as you close the action, the cartridge under the bolt gets pushed a little way into the mag. Therefore, it should reeeely be described as having a capacity of "5.25 + 0.75 + 1". That is, it holds seven or two rounds depending upon which Right Cartridge Guide is fitted. (Mine is the "Cowboy Hunter" version and comes with both RCGs.)

Not really. I did quite a bit of surfin' before I ordered the gun and would've really appreciated a *good* video. A little over a year ago, I used it, for the first time, at our club's Xmas shoot. I showed the resulting video to the importer and he wanted to use it for his website.

I suggested that he hold on until I had a better quality video but, so far, I haven't made one. (I don't have a camcorder for a start...)

I've yet to find what I'd consider a really *good* video of a Chiappa/Norinco clone being used. So far, the best, I suppose, is the Russian (or whatever) chap shooting PSG in the snow.

I also would like to do a video detailing the *operation* of the gun as well. For example, a cartridge is not released from the mag until the hammer is dropped which often fools first-time users.

It ain't the best or quickest gun for *any* shotgun discipline but it *is* an absolute *hoot* to shoot. :)

Regards,

Mark.

Cheers for the info - I had not twigged that you actually have one.

It definitely looks "a hoot to shoot".

What do they sell for out of interest.

ATB.

What do they sell for out of interest.

The Chiappa (Italian) is about 1200 quid with Norinco (Chinese) is about half that. The Chiappa is guaranteed for as long as you own it and is also multi-choke. In addition, it *looks* better.

You pays your money and takes your choice...

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by ChAoS