Big buck.

Birx

Hi mate, great going !! Just want to pick your brains. By the looks of it, your mod is the new Dillon from rifle craft ? I had a look at one the other day and they are extremely light, it looked and felt great but my question is what's the noise reduction like ? Compared to say a T8 ?

Hello Rimmie. You're right, it is from Riflecraft, but it's the Hardy Gen III. Not sure if it's the same as the Dillon you refer to. It is however very light and I have used it next to a T8 for comparison myself. The difference was barely noticeably, except for the annoying tinny ring of the T8. They do a Gen IV now - which I have not seen, but I can only assume they've improved it somehow.

nice buck id defo get it measured if your into it i had a bronze last year if you look on here i posted the measurement certificate it gives the formular,good thing with muntys colour doesnt get points so very easy to measure yourself give you a idea of wot points it is ive given up guessing i thought my roe buck was a low bronze but made gold so defo worth a measure

Yes sorry mate, that's the one I don't no why I said Dillon lol they look really good ! How much did it set you back ? Pm if you prefer. Also do you mean there's a new T8 or a new hardy ?

New Hardy Gen IV. Set me back £240... worth every penny!

Speaking as a guide Birx, I cannot work out why you shot such a good animal on a recon mission? surely you would have a client who would PAY for such a buck?

Not a dig. I'm just curious.

I admit I treat myself now and again and should do more often but it stings the pocket when I do LOL

Edited by yds

Speaking as a guide Birx, I cannot work out why you shot such a good animal on a recon mission? surely you would have a client who would PAY for such a buck?

Not a dig. I'm just curious.

I admit I treat myself now and again and should do more often but it stings the pocket when I do LOL

Perhaps you SHOULD treat yourself more often yds. A client may well pay good money for such a buck, or it might wander into a neighbouring field where someone else's client would pay good money for it? It might get run-over, or lose a fight with another buck? Who knows the if's and buts? Sometimes I treat myself. This was one of those days. And you know what..... I'm worth it! lol

Perhaps you SHOULD treat yourself more often yds.

I agree, I should..... But if we thought about boundries and fighting and RTA's we would never recon only shoot all the deer we see. LOL

You did the right thing if thats what you wanted.

I try and use invites to shoot deer now and leave mine for my clients.

Rarely even shoot culls myself now.

But I have loads of clients and am out every day so need every deer to keep them happy and coming back.

I am also lucky with the invites and do still get to shoot a few as well as going abroad.... I try and keep all the foxes for myself though, they are my passion.

Edited by yds

Thanks for that mate, considering how much lighter it's than the T8 or pred 8 and if your saying they have about the same sound reduction, and there about the same price I think I might just have to get one !!! :)

I like mine Rimmie. Hardly alters the balance of the rifle at all.