First Fill

sandersj89

OK, so I have a full dive bottle and a rifle about to arrive early next week. AAS410 Carbine.

Soon it will be time to fill the rifle for the first time. What am I to expect and any tips on how to do it? I keep thinking about 232BAR of pressure in a tank and how only a few bar in a car tyre can make a big pop!!!!

So what tips can you offer?

Thanks

Jerry

The tank wont pop as who ever fills it for you will not over fill it. So you have got nothing to worry on that side of things. i have just bought the s410k my self.

What did you pay.

I got the gun scope(see sig) and silencer, mounts and rosewood cap for £525 with delivery. 10ltr tank and guage £190

The tank wont pop as who ever fills it for you will not over fill it. So you have got nothing to worry on that side of things. i have just bought the s410k my self.

What did you pay.

I got the gun scope(see sig) and silencer, mounts and rosewood cap for £525 with delivery. 10ltr tank and guage £190

Not worried about the bottle, more the process and the resevoir on the rifle. This is my first PCP gun as I have had springers in the past.

(Happy with loud bangs as I have shot shotguns for the past 25 years.)

I paid just over 550 delivered for rifle, scope, mounts, silencer, bag and tin of AA pellets. It should arrive on Monday. :lol:

Jerry

The important thing is to read the instructions carefully. I it sounds like common sense but you'll be amased at the number of people who don't.

The best tip I can give you is to make sure that when you have made your connections that you turn the valve very slowly. Letting the air fill the bottle to quickly will create heat in the transfer port. This heat will create condensation inside the rifle.

What pressure do you have to fill the cylinder on the gun to?

DO NOT GO OVER 190BAR!!!!!!!!!!! as the seals will pop.

Try filing to 175bar as this is the approximate start of the "Sweet spot" on the power curve.

Any more pressure than this will mean lower powered shots (until the pressure reaches 175bar) which equals wasted air which means more trips to the dive centre which means you should of got my drift by now.

Filling fast won't create condensation in the reservoir, but it will create heat which means the air expands and you reach pressure with less air in the cylinder. When it cools you will have less air in the rifle, so really just take a few minutes to gently fill.

The procedure is simple enough. Connect the hose to the bottle, make sure the bleed valve on the bottle is completely shut, finger tight is fine. Then connect the filling adapter to the rifle, making sure it is firmly seated over the two o rings. It has a small hole on the back, don't cover this with your finger as you push the fitting on, this creates a hydraulic lock which can mean the adapter does not sit correctly.

Then as has been said before, SLOWLY turn the tap on the bottle and watch the guage on the bottle, not the rifle. From empty you want to let it take about 45 seconds to a minute to fill. You will notice that as you fill the pressure will equalise and you need to turn the diving bottle tap a fraction more to keep filling. Keep doing this slowly until you hit about 170/175 bar. As snakebite correctly says there is no advantage to filling further than that (unless you get it regulated).

Once you are at the pressure you want, firmly close the diving bottle tap and then open the bleed valve on the bottle, it will hiss. This is releasing the pressure from the hose, do this until the hissing stops. At that point you can easily remove the filling adapter from the gun, replace the end cap so you keep dust and **** out of the transfer ports. If you try taking the filling adapter off the gun and it won't come loose, you forgot to bleed off the pressure in the hose :lol: Remember to close the bleed valve finger tight, otherwise when you fill next time it will either not work, or start hissing as the pressure builds up, wasting air.

Nothing to it, nothing here that isn't in the instructions but always nice to know anyway.

I have said it before and no doubt will say it again :lol:

find out where you local airgun club is and pop along to have a chat with the guys there.

Airgun clubs are not just places to shoot, the majority are friendly places where shooting is second to decent company. Even if you never go to a club again, the information you can get from just one visit would amaze you.

but as has been said above, just make sure everything is tightly conected, and then fill slow and steady to about 190bar at most, DONT FORGET THE BLEED VAULVE before you disconect or it could go bang (ish LOL) well it would make you jump LOL

all the best and enjoy your kit.

ROB :lol:

ps always respect it, when you dont thats when you get bitten.

It won't go bang, it just won't disconnect from the rifle, unless you are stronger than most average apes :lol:

Note, may for other rifles, but not the aa410 series, I wouldn't have thought a human could pull that connector off with just bare hands :lol: If it doesn't come off as easy as it went on, you forgot to bleed the pipe :lol:

Edit Thats me being very picky, the advice given was sound. I can't help it, engineering is a disease :lol:

Gents..............................................

The BAR of your divers tank has nothing to do with the fill level of your rifle...................If you have a 232 or 300 bar divers tank its just the amount of air that you will get into it,,,,,volume wise the 300 holds more than the 232.

Each and every air gun manufacturer has different "fill" points for their guns, My Daystate Harrier X2 fills at 160.

There are DANGERS of over filling your tanks, most stupid people think that if my guns fill level is 160 and I fill it to 180 - 200 then it will increase the power............

IDIOTS.............it doesnt, not only do you put yourself in danger but your power level will drop on your gun and can seriously screw up your internals, blow seals etc etc...

With your Divers tank you SHOULD buy a guage that you attatch your hose and gun to. This will read back the pressure in your guns tank. Once you get to the manufacturers level you stop. You leave it for a bit and then top up as required.

Hope this clarifies.

IDIOTS.............it doesnt, not only do you put yourself in danger but your power level will drop on your gun and can seriously screw up your internals, blow seals etc etc...

you mean ya **** yourself when it goes BANG :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROB :o

ps on a more seriouse note NEVER fill rifle beyond the manufacturers recomended fill rpesure!

you mean ya **** yourself when it goes BANG :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROB :o

ps on a more seriouse note NEVER fill rifle beyond the manufacturers recomended fill rpesure!

Nice one rob..............just noticed the parody in my statement.........................

Once you get to the manufacturers level you stop. You leave it for a bit and then top up as required.

Hope this clarifies.

Or fill it slowly like I said and don't bother waiting for it to cool down, don't top it up because there is no need, and then move on :lol:

Seriously, fill it slowly and you won't go wrong :lol:

You say that....On my gun Its just not possible to overfill it. If I try and push it over 200 bar it just pushes the air out of the barrel at the same rate I'm pushing it in at the quick fill probe. Wonder if any other manufactuers do it? I like to fill mine to 180 bar anyway instead of 200 for the sweet spot....

-Andrew

You say that....On my gun Its just not possible to overfill it. If I try and push it over 200 bar it just pushes the air out of the barrel at the same rate I'm pushing it in at the quick fill probe. Wonder if any other manufactuers do it?

I don't really want to find out. What possesed you to do it anyway? :lol:

Way I see it "man buys gun, man can mistreat gun as he sees fit" (within the law obviously) :lol:

For anyone reading this thinking about trying it, not all guns behave this way, its much more likely you will damage the gun's seals or worse. Just be careful out there :lol:

Way I see it "man buys gun, man can mistreat gun as he sees fit" (within the law obviously) :lol:

For anyone reading this thinking about trying it, not all guns behave this way, its much more likely you will damage the gun's seals or worse. Just be careful out there :lol:

If he hasnt already.................some of them come with "blow valves" that prevent they cylinder going "pop"...