Phone Help!

TwoSmokingBarrels

Its been about 4 months since i bought a brand new iphone 4s off of Gumtree. the phone was working perfectly fine for 3 days then it got blocked, contacted orange and found out it got blacklisted, i was confused so asked for a reason, they said stolen goods. i then tried calling the seller etc but no answer, i then brought this to the attention of the police who take all the information they could get and a statement. Still haven't heard anything off them even after contacting them several times and all i get is "you will have a call once this case has been investigated". If there anyway i can get around the bypass by jailbreaking etc? Or can it be used abroad and therefore worth selling? Any information will be great.

Thanks.

I think,the fone belongs to the fone company for the duration of the contract,if its a contract fone.If your seller took out a contract that provided a free fone and sold it the he stole it from the company and i suppose you are recieving the said stolen goods.Dont expect results from the police its small beer to them.

You need a puk code to unblock it.

If my s2 is lost/stolen i can block it from my laptop.

Then i need to enter my puk code to unblock

I basically got scammed and orange said they could not do a thing. Its blacklisted throughout the UK, and no puk code will work as orange are the only people who could do anything, the seller i bought it off was obviously into some scam. Ive been told it would work perfectly outside of the UK, so may aswell be worth trying to sell it to someone abroad.

I think,the fone belongs to the fone company for the duration of the contract,if its a contract fone.If your seller took out a contract that provided a free fone and sold it the he stole it from the company and i suppose you are recieving the said stolen goods.Dont expect results from the police its small beer to them.

Thanks for your info. Just really annoyed and goes to show dont trust anybody. More gutted than anything but oh well, and yes i know what you mean, police wont even help.

They have blocked the imei number which is unique to your phone - the networks have a common blacklist, so unlikely it will work on Any network in the uk. It should work overseas though - but no guarantee. Even if you could change the imei on an iPhone - it is illegal to do.

Edited by aris

What insurance fraud ? Might be worth the police investigating then !

Thats the reason for it being it being blacklisted according to orange, they first said stolen then went into more detail. The police was in contact with orange apparently, but never heard a thing, i cal several time and got the same old.

Whats it worth? Carnt you 'lose' it and claim on your house insurance?

Its worth around £300.

They have blocked the imei number which is unique to your phone - the networks have a common blacklist, so unlikely it will work on Any network in the uk. It should work overseas though - but no guarantee. Even if you could change the imei on an iPhone - it is illegal to do.

Thats correct yes! No guarantee overseas is also what i heard, its been used as an expensive ipod touch recently haha! I heard about the switching the internals of the phone but its highly illegal, so will be giving that a miss.

You can find out if its blocked in Australia: http://www.amta.org....of.your.Handset

EdR

Just did it, and it says the IMEI is unblocked over there.

Well anyway, let's crack on and try to fix this.

Plug iPhone into PC

Grab a clock/stopwatch

Hold top locking button and home button down simulatiously for 15 seconds exactly.

Release top button and continue holding home button for a further 15.

iTunes should tell you that a device is connected, it cannot be recognised and it is in DFU Mode (Device Firmware Upgrade)

Let me know how you get on.

You're looking at a bricked phone.

I've never tried it, but my gut feeling is a dfu mode and jailbreak might crack it.

Will it not turn on? Anything registered when it's plugged into a pc?

Yeah its all totally working, full functional, all 100% perfect except the fact when a valid sim is inserted, 3G shows up but only one bar of signal, can browse the web but can not recieve or send texts and phone calls. So just removed the sim and use the wifi.

You're looking at a bricked phone.

I've never tried it, but my gut feeling is a dfu mode and jailbreak might crack it.

Will it not turn on? Anything registered when it's plugged into a pc?

I no a man who had a 3gs and did a Insurance job and got a 4s tryed to unblack list it via jailbrack didnt work nither did ufd mode

the phones imei number has been blocked and wont be able to be unblocked unless its taken off the blacklist which in reality will never happern, the phone can be sold abroad and will work fine. its just blocked for UK providers. USA likes these phones as they are totally unlocked which dont get sold over there, ebay it.

the phones imei number has been blocked and wont be able to be unblocked unless its taken off the blacklist which in reality will never happern, the phone can be sold abroad and will work fine. its just blocked for UK providers. USA likes these phones as they are totally unlocked which dont get sold over there, ebay it.

Thank you, and i will probably get around to that, would it bring in the amount its worth?