Lightweight ladder trap

I have built a couple of ladder traps today oit of 2" x 1" tanalised roof batten they are 4' x 4' x 5' high i thought of making these because they are easier to move around a shoot they will be coverd in 1" x 1/2" weldmesh with a 2" x 2" weldmesh roof do you think there is a market for lightweight traps i didnt know whether or not to put a door for access as they are easy to flip over they are held together by cables ties and come into 4 section for moving around

post-24750-0-23834700-1359659511_thumb.jpg

Basically, you are supposed to access via a door. Take one out, and then kill it (by whatever means) out of sight of any others in the trap.

Doing otherwise is an offence - not sure under which Act, but it is an offence. There have been a number of prosecutions, including one in Scotland just recently which was thrown out due to the placement of the antis hidden camera. Not sure if they have appealed it or not.

Edited by robbiep

By the way, it does look a really nice, quality trap. Hope it gives you some good results.

The welfare legislation can be a minefield.

I personally think that it should be permissible to dispatch them all, in rapid order, inside the trap. The stress caused to that last bird by you repeatedly entering the trap, catching and leaving with another corvid, then returning, is surely no less than would be caused by an efficient use of air rifle or small shotgun. However, that is the law as we have to work within it.

Some people knowingly break the law, I do realise. You could have found yourself breaking the law through not knowing what the law was - not a valid defence if it came to court. Animalaid and various others have videoed offences and taken matters to the courts. If anyone is ever convicted under WACA or other welfare legislation they are no longer allowed to use the general licences.