Shooting Weather

Theskyfox

Hi Guys,

The next real chance I'm gonna be getting to do any vermin shooting is gonna be around about christmas time. I realise it will be cold, damp and wet etc but I don't mind...I've got the gear to wrap up warm. My question is this: Is it worth shooting at that time of year? (December roughly) Will there be many Pigeons etc around? or do they tend to massively reduce in numbers and hide at this time of year?

Basically I just want to know if its going to be worth my effort when the time comes or If I should wait till the next season (Spring!). Only downside with that is I'm at uni usually so I only get to shoot in my holidays and over the summer...

-Andrew

Hi Guys,

The next real chance I'm gonna be getting to do any vermin shooting is gonna be around about christmas time. I realise it will be cold, damp and wet etc but I don't mind...I've got the gear to wrap up warm. My question is this: Is it worth shooting at that time of year? (December roughly) Will there be many Pigeons etc around? or do they tend to massively reduce in numbers and hide at this time of year?

Basically I just want to know if its going to be worth my effort when the time comes or If I should wait till the next season (Spring!). Only downside with that is I'm at uni usually so I only get to shoot in my holidays and over the summer...

-Andrew

The cold weather can be great, especially over things such as rape/kale. The get hungry and there is only a sort day length so action can be good.

HTH

Jerry

For the lenses buy some decent lens covers, perhaps the flip up type so you can make proper use of them.

I tend not to shoot in the driving rain as the scopes I have are not really all weather scopes, you can buy "scope socks" which will protect them from the elements.

If the gun and stock are well oiled and looked after then some tlc when you get back should be all you need. If its been raining I take mine to bits and make sure I have all the moisture off before storing with vp90 in the cabinet.