house alarm

goodo123

A neighbours went faulty a couple of years back so diconnected the mains and battery in the control box, and low and behold the back up battery in the bell box kicked in.

I told her it would probably die after an hour - well after 2 hours it started to sound different, but still very loud.

At 10pm I ended up getting the ladders out, after finding the screws on the metal box had rusted the heads away, out came the angle grinder and a few moments later all was quiet.

They are now, like car alams supposed to reset and the neighbours new one does - thankfully !

I believe the law relates to NEW instalations rather than every alarm! I know it can be annoying as it has happened once or twice here. I actually use the expanding foam ear plugs to make sure I get sleep.

Tampering with the alarm without consent even if it IS with good intention will wind you up in trouble.

I think the Estate Agent, should get involved in a matter like this! Even if it is only to ring the owner.

Tbh I don't think the owner is that interested either, been empty for a year and the garden is a hole. Use expanding foam for ear plugs? Be a bit scary.......... They should be designed with a hidden kill switch, be easy enough to do just add another input on pcb, I know burglars could potentially find this but Whats the chances?

I had an issue with a neighbouring house alarm a few years ago. The alarm was going off every day at about 7am for weeks. I tried to get a response at the house but the occupant was never in. I ended up phoning the council - apparently house alarms must have a nominated contact specified when fitted. This information (I believe) is stored by the police. Anyway turned out the house was empty but the owner resolved the issue pretty quickly.