Anyone want a Lab or a Beagle?

ETO

Crossposting from elsewhere. Thought this was the best place to put this.

Good evening friends,

I know this should go under the rescue section but I fear no one will see it there. Basically there is a Lab and Beagle looking for a new home.

I have mentioned said owner before who used to post on here but left after everyone "had a go at her" for changing her breed and buying a pup within 24 hours.

Said dogs had a very stressful walk with myself and the owner during the snow (novelty thing) and havent seen a walk since and previous to that we are talking a year without a walk or seeing anyone.

The Beagle is very friendly with dogs and people (from my own experience and what Ive seen) pulls on the lead but thats understandable from having NO walks rolleyes.gif may be fearful of hands due to "rough" treatment from current owners. She is spade and about 5 yo.

The Lab is just coming up 2 (March/May time) un spayed and has behavioural issues (again due to NO walks, about 4 in her life) taken out as a little cute puppy, then not seen the light of day since the novelty has worn off.

Always very happy to see me in her own home, jumps up a lot and mouths a lot too. When she does go for a walk, she gets so excited/aroused/worked up she barks NON stop, as soon as you step out she barks loudly and constantly and lunges and jumps clean off all 4s. She barks and lunges at people in an aroused/unsure way.

Never had a decent run/walk in her life so no surprises. She would do great with love, training and excerise. The current "reason" for her not being walked is shes too strong and pulls too much. I offered to walk her (on said snowy day) and used Dotties Canny Collar on her and harness with a training lead and I still had great trouble controlling her as she gets so aroused.

The Lab is underweight and the Beagle is overweight. Both being fed Pedigree dry.

The reason for (IMHO LONG overdue re-homing) is the dad in the household is finding out the results of an MRI scan this month and may have to have an op on his knee which means the dogs will never be walked again as "he's the only one who can control them" (through fear). Neither work and can walk when they want to so no excuses for these dogs not being walked and NO excuses for them being "rough handled" to say the least.

I was shocked to hear "Yeah I'll be sad to see them go, but its for the best, I'd love to get a Westie though!" eek.gif mad.gif

If I had to (God Forbid) rehome my 2 I would never in the same sentence then add I cant wait to get another dog though! The same people who gave one of their many cats to our local home because they couldnt afford it (old cat) but at the same time, the daughter was spending over £200+ on a bearded dragon and all the gear for it! incazzato.gif

They want them re-homed together if possible, like theyre doing them a favour! So I said in my calm polite voice Id help find them a new home instead of them going god knows where and I'd love to see them re-homed together as the only company they've known is each other.

Its a long shot but can anyone on here help or know of anyone who can?

I'm off to Disneyland Paris EARLY Weds a.m and leaving for Wales tomorrow from 5pm + so I wont be online until Sunday, but please feel free to PM me and ofcourse reply to the thread.

Thank you all for reading smile.gif

xxx

I'd love to take the lab on as she sounds like my kind of challenge, however I am full at the inn. Beagles just don't float my boat. If any one is genuinely interested I will get contact details for you.

I'd happily take her on if I didn't have Jack (foster). The thing is - take her off the rubbish food, put her on some decent quality stuff. Give her some exercise (I'd do hydrotherapy to build the muscles first) then cycling etc and everytime she barks outside the house - straight back home. If she was dog aggressive she'd be the same as Benjie. Benjie gave up the barking out of the house within a week of me just taking him home again. And teaching him to speak and be quiet on command.

They can be homed together or separate. So if you know of anyone looking for a pet dog or a challenge then please let me know. Would rather see them rehomed to someone with an ounce of knowledge - especially the lab as she is un-spayed - just another breeding machine to some folk.