Best quality blacking in Somerset

Schmoo

I got myself a really old Miroku O/U 2nd hand at a reasonable price as a project, I wanted a good tight gun that just needed some cosmetic work doing to it.

She was very very well used, but still very very tight and had perfect bores not a mark in sight, however, the outside was a little worse for wear to say the least.

A pair of barrels which I think once had a blackened finish of some description on them, but that was long gone, and had since been replaced with a sort of mottled, pitted finish, as for the action which I though was a stainless steel piece actually turned out was once blacked too, but due to lack of exterior care or just hard work in the field had long gone too.

I did some searching on this forum and was put in touch with a chap called JAMMER600 from down in the old West country, spoke to him and explained my issues and what I would like done to the old girl to try and give her a bit of a touch up, jammer600 said as the gun was new to me a service might not go a miss and that he could sort the barrels for me for a very fair price, it was him who told me the action should indeed be blacked too and that he would do this for me whilst she was in bits during the service.

Well needless to say 2 weeks after sending her off, back she came via my local RFD, who wanted £200 plus just to do the barrels !!!!!!!!!!! and my god what a transformation, she looks as she would have done when she rolled off of the production line back in the late 60's or early 70's when she was made ( dont quote me on that, this is what the RFD thinks) give my RFD his due he looked high and low and could not find a fault in the workmanship of Jammer600, he had nothing but praise for his work and also commented that, price wise jammer600 could not be beaten.

Have a look for yourself at the before and after pics below, I will post some more later as I don't think i can post that many in one go.

P.s if anyone can confirm what model she is that would be appreciated, some have said she might be a 600 or an 800, as I would like to try and locate a user manual for her.

Pictures of her now to follow shortly.

a very very chuffed Schmoo.

post-34659-0-90314100-1361733357_thumb.jpg

post-34659-0-51114300-1361733370_thumb.jpg

post-34659-0-93474700-1361733382_thumb.jpg

post-34659-0-64657200-1361733392_thumb.jpg

post-34659-0-36679900-1361733505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schmoo

Understatement of the year that one Jammer600 !!!!!!

I did believe underneath all that old rust, lack of blacking and pitting was a pretty decent tight old girl.

Now you have breathed your magic on her I couldnt tell the difference between her and my brother in laws lightly used 5 year old mint condition Browning.

The RFD claims she is worth something in the £600-£800 mark ( I will take that with a pinch of salt ) what she cost me and your fees I am well under that estimate.

Just pleased to have saved a tired looking old girl rom the scrap heap.

Top job and thanks to you again for a wonderful service.

Schmoo.

Edited by Schmoo