howa 1500 twist and bullet weight

kingnewport

Hi all, ill be ordering my first centre fire rifle soon and fancy a howa 1500, my question is , theres two different barrels ie standard and varmit,wots the difference? And is the 1-12 twist rate ok? And wot weight would you go for in bullets? I know people will have differnt opions but woys yours? Cheers andrew

What is it, .223?? What is your intended use??

The age old question, HEAVY or LIGHT barrel.

I have no use or interest or advantage in lugging around a heavier lump of metal than required in the field, others like Heavy barrels.

Such is life!

I'm due to get my fac soon and also looked at this gun as think good value for money package. Mine wud be for target shooting so wud a heavy barrel be best? Not trying to hi-jack your thread mate just thought would be good to get all different opinions in the one place weather for target or game shooting light or heavy barrel

I'm due to get my fac soon and also looked at this gun as think good value for money package. Mine wud be for target shooting so wud a heavy barrel be best? Not trying to hi-jack your thread mate just thought would be good to get all different opinions in the one place weather for target or game shooting light or heavy barrel

How serious do you intend your target work to be? As a generalisation a Heavy barrel would best suit this activity and a Howa would be fine for a bit of fun/club target work, if you want to get serious then think again!

All my rifles are LIGHT barrelled field tools, but I use them at Bisley regularly and can achieve more than respectable results.

Edited by Dekers

Hav put in for a .223 and a .308, will be for club shooting as don't have access to land at the minuet, would realy like to give long range shooting a go and thought this gun would be a good intro into it. Will be using a .22lr semi and hopfuly a .357 lever action for my other target shooting