Help with fox caller made from two 12g cartridges

fergie

Have a look at the photos.

When you have joined the two cases together, you need to dish both ends, just put the cases in a small vice with a steel bearing located in one of the primer holes & tighten until you get the required depth.

Then do the same to a small stainless washer, with a smaller hole than the primer holes, & solder into place the same as the photo.

I find sucking the call is better than blowing it. (doesn't sound to good that does it) :blush::lol:

Do it with the call at an angle in your mouth.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG1224.jpg

its just a case of removing the primers flaring one of the ends slightly so as to allow the other in ( a slight taper on a wooden dowel will do this neatly) then stick them together (a blob of epoxy if they are loose helps) now inhale through it don't blow!

You need one of the holes smaller than the primer hole, works on the same principal as the tenderfield whistle.

You'll have to have lungs the size of a bull with just the primer holes... :yes:

Not so two std shell bottoms primers removed both holes same- works just fine!

True....but gives it a more mellow tone,

A smaller hole gives the call a higher pitch, which does work better...

ok, I get that! I make them for widgeon but they will work for fox as such I prefer to actually use a home made reeded call for charlie

I'd be afraid of tripping, and inhaling that! :lol:

tie them on a lanyard just with a sliding knot and secure with a blob of super glue when tight enough. Seriously it is possible to slip and swallow a call as small as these, they are no bigger than a sweet

I gave this as a project to the apprentices at work,needless to say they all failed. Engineering and the future isnt looking good. The ones I made work on the sucking and not blowing method. Have you tripd with a long hilted brass and a short onr the pitch seemed to alter on mine: