which gun?

Mr Rizzini

which gun  

38 members have voted

1. 1. what gun would you buy max £950 2nd hand

I have left a deposit on a browning 425 nordic but the only thing putting me of is that the stock and fore-end is very very glossy and Im unsure how it was done as I would prefer a less shiny finish. I really really like the gun and could live with getting the stock stripped and oiled if its possible as I have read somewhere that some guns have a fake clear coating of walnut which when stripped will leave a boring none grained stock behind.

Options in N Ireland are limited for nice guns at the right price and I couldn't be bothered with gunstar etc so Im left a little cornered as to what to buy or settle with.

I have looked at berreta, miroku and browning and will diff be getting one of them but which model and what price should I be looking to spend?

I will be budgeting up to £950 for a 2nd hand gun.

Any advice or info on models etc would be very greatful and if someone can enlighten me in why the 425 stock is so shiny as apart from this my choice would probally be made although I hear with muroku I can get a gun with nicer wood for the same money as a browning which I believe is made by miroku.

cheers all

EDIT: how can I can tell what grade a certain gun is without relying on the seller telling me what grade its meant to be?

Edited by Mr Rizzini

Unless it is marked as grade3/4/5/6 its 1 950 seems about right for a mint 425 the stock can be refinished its the later winchesters and some cynergy morels that have fake grain stocks (some others too) more important is how it fits and how you shoot withit

Hi mate

I bought a huglu 103de last year, (its excellent durability and ballance) but it had this crappy coating on the stock like you've just explaind I sanded it down with fine sand paper to reval the fine grain mahogany stock I then went to my gun shop and explained this and was given a small bottle of Parker hale walnut oil. And what a miry fine job it does I applied this to my stock and fore abot five times and it brings out the grain fantastically and leaves the wood looking fantastically. Whdnever I strip Down the gun to clean about once month I just apply the oil the wood work and let it soak in.

Hope this helps.

The Nordic is a 525 with an auto safety facility or so I thought, what are the last two letters of the serial number Mr Rizzini?

I thought that too but wasn't sure if there was a 425 Nordic previously afaik the 525 nordic it's the same as the grade 1 525 sporter with an auto safety

I have left a deposit on a browning 425 nordic but the only thing putting me of is that the stock and fore-end is very very glossy and Im unsure how it was done as I would prefer a less shiny finish. I really really like the gun and could live with getting the stock stripped and oiled if its possible as I have read somewhere that some guns have a fake clear coating of walnut which when stripped will leave a boring none grained stock behind.

Options in N Ireland are limited for nice guns at the right price and I couldn't be bothered with gunstar etc so Im left a little cornered as to what to buy or settle with.

I have looked at berreta, miroku and browning and will diff be getting one of them but which model and what price should I be looking to spend?

I will be budgeting up to £950 for a 2nd hand gun.

Any advice or info on models etc would be very greatful and if someone can enlighten me in why the 425 stock is so shiny as apart from this my choice would probally be made although I hear with muroku I can get a gun with nicer wood for the same money as a browning which I believe is made by miroku.

cheers all

EDIT: how can I can tell what grade a certain gun is without relying on the seller telling me what grade its meant to be?

it will be engraved on the bottom of the action