Snap Caps

marc147

i no for sure they are for taking the tension out of your trigger and firing springs.

and how can any shotgun user mistake a live cartridge for a see through snap cap

even if they are the brass type?.

Loading something into a gun when you don't intend to fire it is pretty stupid. Loading something into your gun and storing it is even more stupid.

Brass type ones are the worst. They're heavy and the backs are very similar to a live cartridge. Members of the public can also assume the gun is loaded when they see something in the breech, which doesn't bode well if you're in a funny situation with it.

mate if you really dont want to bin them, you can use them to see if your semi fires after you have stripped and cleaned it!

This is the other reason I have been using them. Being quite new to semis its good to know I have put it back together correctly.

Don't use them, I know of a chap who cleaned his gun in his living room and when he had finished he put the 2 snap caps in and fired, problem was he put 2 live cartridges in and blew his fireplace to bits. A lack of concentration and it's easy to get mixed up.

I bet that went down well with the mrs........ :lol:

i no for sure they are for taking the tension out of your trigger and firing springs.

and how can any shotgun user mistake a live cartridge for a see through snap cap

even if they are the brass type?.

When you park your car do you release the tension in the valve springs in the engine?