running hot

shoota

I've just bought some H&N ftt (5.53 14.66 grains) so thought why not run some through the crombro. Tried some AA field (5.52 16 grains) 1st which gave a highest reading of 11.4 so all is good, then tried the H&N which gave readings of between 11.5 and 12.5 now I was under the impression that the heavier the pellet the higher the M/E. So what should I do next? De tune or stop using the ftt?

de-tune. if you were to be stopped by the police they will test a full range of pellets. if even one is over they have got you regardless of whether you are using said pellets or not.

get it sorted not worth the hassle if you were to get caught.

what gun you using?

I shot a 10 shot string and at least half were over the 12 as far as warm weather go's it was about 8*C im thinking as the pellets are a fraction bigger than the feilds maybe they are building up more pressure before moving down the barrel at higher fps

It's my understanding that PCP's and CO2 guns run higher ft/lb with heavier pellets and springers with lighter pellets.

So: with your gun, the lighter the pellet the higher the ft/lbs should be in theory.

What I will say, and no offense intended as I've done it myself; did you input the pellet weight correctly into the chrono?

Hope this helps,

D

The results are as follows:-

so a detune is most definitely going to happen asap. I've only recently bought the gun, i think the guy i bought it from acquired it then refurbed it and after about 500 or so pellets it's now starting to bed in and the power is rising. If anyone has any tips for detuning a springer please share them as this is my 1st air rifle and i know very little, cheers