CZ 455 Mounts

tomov

Folks

Bit of advice would be helpful here please. Shortly going to be adding a Leupold VX1 3-9 x 40 to a CZ455 Varmint. I'm a bit out of touch with mounts for rimfires, but having experienced issues with cheap mounts in the past, wanted to try and get the best (e.g. something that isn't going to shift!). Any suggestions re mounts / bases gratefully received...

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Folks

Bit of advice would be helpful here please. Shortly going to be adding a Leupold VX1 3-9 x 40 to a CZ455 Varmint. I'm a bit out of touch with mounts for rimfires, but having experienced issues with cheap mounts in the past, wanted to try and get the best (e.g. something that isn't going to shift!). Any suggestions re mounts / bases gratefully received...

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Is it a .22lr?

Blue tack would work if it is, even a HMR is a pussycat, what on earth mounts have you had historically that don't work on a Rimfire?

Pro Mounts, Sportsmatch, Accushot, Leapers, BSA, Gun Tuff, Hawke Match, Rhino, etc etc, £10 will do it easily, Sportsmatch may be nearer £20. :good:

most mounts are pretty good now, particularly so if rated as suitable for a spring airgun..

I like a picatinny rail as this gives the option of some NV and red dots... they usually hold zero when scope removed and refitted..

When zeroing, try to start with turrets unwound a bit and creep up on point of impact by screwing turret in against the spring holding reticule in place.

this is for the cheaper scopes..

My cz shoots with the scope set very close to where its at when on my air rifle, so with a fresh scope it goes on the airgun to test /play with,

then put it on its finale home, slight adjustment and good to go

Cheers chaps. Pretty much what I thought but always good to hear a few different views.

Dekers - yeah, .22lr . Maybe I'm just a bit rough with stuff! :)

As #5, with modern engineering/CNC few are bad today, someone will always be able to come up with a horror story, but pretty much anything you like for a .22lr these days! :yes::good:

Edited by Dekers