Night Vision Stuff

Quist

By the time I get to my permission after work its dark.

I need to bag some rabbits at about 30-50 yds with my rimmy.

Where can I find out about night vision equipment?

Will it fit on the front or back of an existing scope?

I've got a plain reticule

What sort of range can it see out to?

How much does it cost?

Any makes significantly good or bad?

Thanks for your opinions

I used a gen1 ns156 on my old aas410k and didnt have it long thought it was c**p. You would soon get tired of walking around with a gen1 unit on your rifle as most are heavy and have very low mag unless you fork out for an optical doubler.

You should be able to get a s/h gen1 unit for around £200-£250 with an infra red illuminator.

Imho i would go for the best you can afford prefferably gen2 or if your rich gen3 :P Im happy with a lamp on my rimmie for now anyway :no:

Recently went out with SS's gen1 unit (good gen1, palladin I think it was). They are bloody heavy :no:

What I think they are really good for is pre-spotting before you lamp. With a good powerful IR illuminator you can scan a field or area first and the eyes stand out really well. You can then try and get into position and check to see if they have moved before putting the lamp on them.

Theres an article in sporting shooter where the guy clips a gen 3 to the back of his scope

That'll be a Longbow then :good:

He writes an Archer Gen 3 monocular from Starlight night vision which attaches to the rear of Leupolds scopes.

Says he can see rabbits clearly out to 150 yds

I had an NVRS TITANIUM.....used it about 3 times......

IMHO NV is nice and shiney....................this means that you want it................

Unless you are going to have another rifle that is set up as your DEDICATED NV rig then I would not bother...

I got p'ed off rezeroing when I wanted to use it..............and I used it 3 times as said.....

Dont bother...........get yourself a gen1 monocular, use this for spotting in the dark and then use the good old lamp for lighting em up............

NVRS TITANIUM, Optical doubler,,,,,,,,gave it x5 magnification, gen1................

Dont bother........spend your money on something better.........