Interesting video

evo

hi,all, just been flicking through the net and watched this,, very interesting to watch a pellet traveling through the air in slow motion,i was amazed to see how a flyer reacts and why its a flyer anyway enjoy

Excellent video, this is how all gun/ammo testing should be done, nicely detailed and well thought out.

I use AArms field pellets through my S510 at 32 ft lbs and experienced this flyer thing recently using a fresh box of pellets which feel less accurate than the old batch. I say feel because the POI seems about the same with no need to re-zero but they just don't seem to be as good as before. A few days ago as I settled into a favourite hide with a sitty tree some 40 yards away I decided to check things by firing a full clip at a mark on a thick part of a dead branch with the rested gun, all was OKish until one zipped well wide of the mark.

just goes to show that the slightest defect in the pellet can change its poi,great video and as you said well explained,

i just bought 4 tins of the RWS super fields to try against the jsb exacts and to be honest even before i shot any i noticed a very slight ring around the head of the pellet,now i know a lot of people swear by these pellets but they where no match against the JSB,s in the tests i did today so looks like i,ll not be using them for hunting thats for sure,i also noticed they have a wider head also which i dont think will help with penetration, i also noticed they where not going into the wooden board i use sothis must defo be due to the wider head of the pellet

just to chuck in a odd one out... AA feilds, i've had tubs that i threw over a third away just from a visual inspection, in the end it was running up the price to the epecery list type, so i thought what the hell...and shot the bad ones in with the good ones, ermmm hardly notised the diference at 50meter lol. naff all at 30-40.

i think they are a one off tbh.

good vid ty.

Edited by stoogey

Excellent video, this is how all gun/ammo testing should be done, nicely detailed and well thought out.

I use AArms field pellets through my S510 at 32 ft lbs and experienced this flyer thing recently using a fresh box of pellets which feel less accurate than the old batch. I say feel because the POI seems about the same with no need to re-zero but they just don't seem to be as good as before. A few days ago as I settled into a favourite hide with a sitty tree some 40 yards away I decided to check things by firing a full clip at a mark on a thick part of a dead branch with the rested gun, all was OKish until one zipped well wide of the mark.

AA Fields come in 5.51 and 5.52, they historically did a 5.50 as well, (sticker on the base of the tin) is your latest batch the same size as the last, my FAC Falcon prefers the 5.51.

Edited by Dekers

AA Fields come in 5.51 and 5.52, they historically did a 5.50 as well, (sticker on the base of the tin) is your latest batch the same size as the last, my FAC Falcon prefers the 5.51.

that head size is all the difference tbh..i was on the .52's in AA feilds, and .50's on magnums, any other head size was like using a pee shooter.