hw 80

weihrauch hw100

I bought the HW80k about 2 years ago from my RFD, it was in very good condition, all blueing etc was ok and only one tiny mark on the woodwork, I e mailed Weihrauch with the serial number and they said the gun was made 25 years ago. I paid £180.00 but don't forget that was from a dealer.

I sold mine last year for £250.It was 20 years old but very good condition I also redone the stock,using birchwood casey true oil.I had to put it in the gun shop first though to decrease the power as it crept up to 12.8 ftlbs.

no i would be grateful if you could share these tips etc as im going to restore my hw 80 :good:

Ok mate. I will put some more pics up tomorrow evening of a hw100 I did with Linseed oil and alkanet and also a AAs410 I did with Indian rosewood stain and true oil.Plus will give some detail of how I did it.I am no expert at it but just enjoy experimenting with wood,especially beech as it is normally plain looking.That Hw80 in the picture was beech.I have to get to bed now as I am up at 4am for work.

Edited by L.R.S

I got a few minutes spare at work so will show you a few of the stocks I have done in the past 2 years and how I did them,.

The first one is the Air Arms S200 Beech stock which I sanded back to bare wood then stained with Indian Rosewood Oil based stain from B&Q.Let it dry for 24 hours then rub with a dry cloth.Then just dip the end of your finger in the birchwood Casey Tru oil and rub into the stock untill you feel it getting warm.Let it dry for 12 hours then rub ligtly with 00 grade wire wool dust off and oil again.Repeat these stages for about 7 coats or more if you want a deeper shine.At the end if it is too glossy for your liking just rub down lightly with the wire wool to dull it down.

P1000200.jpg

P1000198.jpg

The next one is the AAS410 Beech stock which I did the same way and with the same stain.

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

Next is my Hw100 which I sanded back to bare wood, then did with Boiled Linsead oil and alkanet root mixture I made up 4 months before hand, so the Alkanet root really soaked in and coloured the linsead oil.I rubbed in about 15 coats of the oil over 15 days.Then oil once a month for a year to keep it looking nice.

DSC02790.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

The Hw80 in my previous post was done the same way as the 2 Air Arms but used Dark Oak stain instead of Indian Rosewood.The hardest work is the preperation of the stock,getting it sanded back and mirror smooth before you stain it.I did try a water based stain but didnt like the finish so sanded it back again and did the oil based stain.Some people say not to use Birchwood Tru Oil on top of oil based stains.But I never had a problem.I just like experimenting with different stains and oils.Sometimes it works out and other times it doesnt.So I just start over.I have plenty of time to Kill when working nights so do most of my Preperation then :)

Edited by L.R.S

thats great thank you for shareing this.ok next thing where can i get some screws that hold the trigger gaurd on?used to be able to get them on fleabay but cant now.

I excpect a local Gun shop should do them!.If not try on the Weihrauch owners forums.Alot of people on there seem to have spares or know where you can get stuff.I got a complete seal kit for my Hw100 on there for £14.I just havent got round to fitting them yet.

I excpect a local Gun shop should do them!.If not try on the Weihrauch owners forums.Alot of people on there seem to have spares or know where you can get stuff.I got a complete seal kit for my Hw100 on there for £14.I just havent got round to fitting them yet.

with all the time you have on nights you should of had your seals done and your night vision done by now lol :lol::lol: :lol: ,,Evo

with all the time you have on nights you should of had your seals done and your night vision done by now lol :lol::lol: :lol: ,,Evo

:whistling: Been too buisy using my Rifle on my days off to get round to doing the seals.I think if I start I might get something wrong and my rifle will be out of action.I shall wait for my FAC to come through then do it.At least then I will still have a gun to shoot if anything happens.As for the night vision I got most of the bits.Just need to get my **** in gear and get a Bullet camera :) .I have seen a few but unsure which spec to get.I know I need a 12mm lense and thats about it.When it comes to anything with electronics in,I am usless.I fried 3 ultrafire torches messing about with dropins.lol :oops:

Yea I found the new stuff from B&Q didnt even touch the laquer on one of my stocks.But managed to get some old Nitromors from a local shop.(IN-Excess).A couple of coats of that and a scrubbing brush on the checkering of the pistol grip worked a treat.Then it was a wash off,dry and sand.