shooting buddies in norfolk

lawrence

Hi All,

I recently moved to near kings lynn, norfolk and i am a keen shooter but as of yet i haven't been able to find any land to go shooting on.

I used to live in Surrey and i regularly went shooting and i have studied gamekeeping some years ago at sparshot college, hampshire.

As i am new to the area I don't really know that many people as yet so this is making my search much more difficult.

Is there anyone out there who can save me from the misery of seeing my guns in the cabinet?? It would be great to gain some wisdom and experience from someone.

I am available anytime

Lawrence

Lawrence, I lived in Norfolk all my life until I was forced to head to London a few years ago. My family are all still in Norfolk. I would say that Norfolk natives are a very welcoming bunch, but then I lived in the centre of the county (where they have electricity, cars and running water ), not out near Kings Lynn (the Third World). Kings Lynn is just very isolated, with a high unemployment problem. So it's little surprise to hear that you're having trouble gelling with the local community. I doubt you being from down South is the problem - it's just that you're not from North-West Norfolk.

Have you tried joining any of the local wildfowling clubs? North Norfolk is also a mecca for pigeon shooting, what with the amount of grain production occurring. Bear in mind that you're not too far from Cambridge and even Lincolnshire.

hello mate your right about the jobs and stuff here

im looking for one my self at the moment

problem is i dont drink so i dont go down the local if there is one out where i am lol

and the only ppl i know are my ladies mum & dad and there not in to shooting one bit

wood turning yes :good:

when i lived down in surrey i had mates and i used to go shooting atlest 3-4 times a week

i just miss that now

i was hoping to make some new friends with the same intrest as me

lawrence

You need to join a local gun club. From memory there aren't many about in NW Norfolk, but it's worth asking in local gunsmiths. It'll give the opportunity to meet like-minded folk, and get some shooting done.

With the Wash on your doorstep you'd be mad not to join a wildfowling club though.

well i managed to find some one that needs a hunting buddy and he wasnt even off this site ...lol

only problem is hes neerly 100 miles away ..

just my flaming luck ::stupid::(:good::(

still no shooters out there in my area :stupid:

except me

There are lots!

but maybe not on PW

this has been said before but log onto the BASC web site and locate a local club, there is lots of fantastic Wildfowling in your area (fenland Wildfowlers for a start) I for one would be happy to be located near the washes, so go out and fill yer boots and good luck

we may even bump into each other as I have a days shooting your way at Welney soon, its only 2 hrs from me, cant wait

well i managed to find some one that needs a hunting buddy and he wasnt even off this site ...lol

only problem is hes neerly 100 miles away ..

just my flaming luck ::stupid::(:good::(

still no shooters out there in my area :stupid:

except me

hi i live in norfolk just near norwich and i have a frend in kings lynn who has a farm will ask him if there is any pest control needed at the moment. This will save me the run out there and give some one another chance. the last time i shoothis land it was pigeons only did not see much else .

may be you would like a ride to norwich we shoot 3 farms and 1 small holding and have just been asked to shoot a golf couse so will need all the help at time we/I can get

Hey Chap,

I too live near norwich, Trouble with Kings Lynn, it is out in the middle of nowhere!!

If you like your wildfowling/pigeon shooting you could try Norwich and District Wildfowlers?

i am a full member there and they have huge amounts of land to shoot wild fowl and pigeon. If you are interested you can drop me a PM and i can give you the number, ill even sponsor your application!

Ta

Jon

• 3 weeks later...