Miroku vs bettinsolli

Weeman.

I'm currently 20 been shooting a shotgun since the age of about 12. I started out with a little nikko 612 which I used to shoot really well with ( clays most weekends pigeons when the chance came ). I then decided it would be a good idea to shorten the stock as I'm not exactly big, even now ( 5'5 average build ) but I couldn't hit a barn door after. I then shot a miroku 3800 sw skeet gun which I got on very well with, felt similar and fast handling like the nikko being only a 28 inch. I then had a break from shooting after working full time etc. when I turned 19 I treated myself to a bettinsolli 30 inch sporter. I tried it out and broke clays. But after putting a few cartridges few it I don't have the confidence I did with the 3800.the bettinsolli handles like my dads browning. I have to really concentrate on a consistent mount and the gun is noticeably heavier and doesn't feel as quick handling. Even after being told it suits my build. I recently picked up the miroku again and it felt much more natural and was breaking targets I'd find difficult to consistently hit before. My question is, is it worth taking some lessons and keep putting cartridges through the bettinsolli and hope I can shoot it better with practise or sell it on and keep shooting with the gun I have confidence in. Sounds a silly question but I'm torn between what to do. Any advise would be great. I wondered if anyone else has been in a similar position. Many thanks

I went through a similar situation recently I have been shooting a browning semi auto for the past couple of years but decided to go back to an o/u as I was shooting clays more than the pigeons so I splashed out £1600 on a new beretta 686e evo after several trips to the dealers and a lot of dry mounting. I had expected for my scores to dip for a while but they nose dived pretty rapidly and it knocked my confidence and even affected the way I was mounting the gun and I was starting to close 1 eye when mounting to check alignment. I gave it 3 months but in the end took it back to the dealers and walked out with a beretta semi auto and my scores are better than before. Stick to what fits you and what your confident and stay with the 3800 as it can be a costly process getting it wrong and really mess your head up.