Webley Raider

Libertyandlivelihood

I had a Webley Raider 2 shot Birmingham made it was a great rifle a little on the heavy side but accurate and easy to use the mag is a block that slides across and is fixed in place. i believe the new ones are made in Turkey and the quality is not as good this is only what i have heard .

I have a Webley venom viper 2 shot in .22. The venom viper is the upgraded version of the Webley viper, the upgrades are parts quality and some tuning for increased shot count i believe. But i imagine it is very similar to the Raider. ( they look the same ) the two shot shuttle takes a bit of getting used to, mine has a lothar Walther barrel in it (one of the upgrades along with chequered walnut stock ), and it shoots one hole groups at 30 yards if i just use one side of the shuttle, if i use the two shot the groups will open up to two one hole groups about 1/8th inch apart, which is acceptable if you want to use if for follow up shots for hunting, but i prefer to use it as a single shot. My venom viper is a made in Birmingham one, and has a fantastic finish and is silky smooth, and i paid 260 for it in what is essentially mint condition, with a scope. I had to replace the O rings on the charging adapter as it wouldn't fill. (cost about 2 quid )

although the barrel is shrouded with a built in silencer, its rubbish, you need a silencer on these - so you are fine as the silencer is in the price!. Honestly the price looks good, if the gun is in good condition, has a good barrel, i would go for it.

The Raider is a 10 shot and is made for webley by Hatsan

If you look at the Hatsan AT 44 10W you will see it`s the same gun.

But with a webley badge on it it`s £200 more expensive than the Hatsan.

The Hatsan AT44 10W has a Walther match barrel. An air gauge. 2 x 10 shot mags.

They are very accurate 70 to 80 shots per fill. Excellent value for the money Rifle.

Webley manufacture very little these days. Even there Accupell pellets are made by Crosman.

The Crosman premier ultra magnums are the same pellet and are £2 a tin cheaper.

For any parts and an exploded view of the gun you could try www.gunspares.co.uk .

The Raider is a 10 shot and is made for webley by Hatsan

If you look at the Hatsan AT 44 10W you will see it`s the same gun.

But with a webley badge on it it`s £200 more expensive than the Hatsan.

The Hatsan AT44 10W has a Walther match barrel. An air gauge. 2 x 10 shot mags.

They are very accurate 70 to 80 shots per fill. Excellent value for the money Rifle.

Webley manufacture very little these days. Even there Accupell pellets are made by Crosman.

The Crosman premier ultra magnums are the same pellet and are £2 a tin cheaper.

For any parts and an exploded view of the gun you could try www.gunspares.co.uk .

thx for that fella..so is it worth buying in your opinion?

To be honest it`s what it`s worth at £250 and not a bargin.

The early Raiders single shot and two shot were very noisy and a bit rough.

They are getting on a bit now and parts are drying up.

I had a look on gunspares web site and they are showing out of stock on a lot of parts.

I would have a look on www.gunstar.co.uk to see what you can get for your money.

A lot depends on what your going to be shooting (ie) For Rats a 10 shot mag gun is handy.

Has a first PCP it`s not to bad if it`s in very good condition and it`s not losing air.

If it`s losing Air i would leave it alone has a seal kit and having it fitted will be expensive.

At the end of the day if you like the gun and it feels right when you shoulder it then go for it.

It`s your decision just don`t rush in to something there`s loads of guns for sale out there.

Good luck.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER