up date on stuck choke

alros01

just an up date on my problem with my stuck choke I tried putting the barrel in boiling hot water first.this did not work next blocked the barrel and filled it with wd40 left it over night this didn't work so I got the blow lamp out.clamped the barrel in my vice put a solid choke key in the end of choke then clamped the end with mall grips had to use a lot of force to move it but I t it out

just an up date on my problem with my stuck choke I tried putting the barrel in boiling hot water first.this did not work next blocked the barrel and filled it with wd40 left it over night this didn't work so I got the blow lamp out.clamped the barrel in my vice put a solid choke key in the end of choke then clamped the end with mall grips had to use a lot of force to move it but I t it out

I know you have sorted it but a common cure used by gunsmiths I am lead to believe is to stand the barrels in diesel overnight!

now you have learnt your lesson! everytime you clean your gun take the chokes out and clean them and grease the threads

I had same problem a few years ago was told to soak it in coca cola as it will eat away all the gunk that is holding the choke in, choke still rusted solid into the barrel....... And now no paint on the end of the barrel I ended up using the blow lamp and choke key welded to a long bar for more purchase popped right out. Moral of story..... Don't soak your gun in cola unles you want the paint stripped off

thanks for all the replies lads but I never let the choke get stuck in the barrel I bought the semi auto like that.its a beretta teknys gold got it off gun trader from a shop for £300 with a cracked stock that I have sorted and the extended choke stuck in.the gun looked as if it had never been cleaned when I was on the phone to the shop the bloke said that owner never looks after any of his guns and he had changed this one for a browning maxus I hope that lasts as long as this one did for him thanks again for all your help