.410 reload information.

I want to reload .410 with steel. are the tps steel wads at 10gram capacity the bigest you can get for steel or hevi? These are for 65mm cases only.

Winchester cases seem much more durble than the chedite cases that dont look like you will get many reloads out of them, just what are the best cases and where can you get them from.

The tps at 10gram are the bigest capacity i can find for steel shot even in a 76mm case, i was not very clear in my original post but i have plenty of 65mm cases but not that many 76mm so i need to know if the chedite cases load a few times or are they more or less a throw away item. If i could get winchester case i would be ok but looks like i am going to be stuck with chedites.

What i am planning to do with these loads? Quote... I am fortunate enugh to have th shooting on an area of flood water adjacent to a river that has a healthy snipe population but this land is next to a reserve and an sssi and as it is classed as a wetland non tox is needed. I have been using Bismuth but last year i shot a lot of snipe down there and some woodcock latter on and i used a little more Bismuth than i was comfortable using, and as i am shooting them over the pointers i can get by with steel.

Useing my old wingmaster .410 for this task this is one perfect little gun for this kind of hunting.

When I was loading the chedite cases on MEC after two or three loadings the payload end of the hull would swell. I doubt they would cycle in an auto or pump remembering how difficult they were to load in my super imposed!

I only tried a few winchester case but think the same happened....l did wonder if I had slack chambers!

U.

I thought the winchesters were a little better than that, i dont acctualy have a mec .410 press i use a friends for the .410s i load, but i have considered getting/ making my own RTO head to try and get a bit more mileage out of the cases, its tough getting winchester cases.