shooting feral pigeons at work?

alexl

I work in a large factory, one of the buildings on the outskirts of the main one has been out of use for some years and is basically used for storage. At the weekend we are going in there to do some decommissioning work and to prepare it for use again. There are some holes in the wall which have allowed feral pigeons to start using it as a home. poo is everywhere, and a bit of a health hazard. We have been asked to seal the building, and im not very happy to seal it and leave them to starve inside, so where do I stand on shooting them?

Firstly for insurance I assume if im on pay (although not specifically for the purpose of shooting) BASC insurance wouldn't cover it? this isn't such an issue because I can do it while off pay to avoid complications if need be.

Second, in order to comply with the general license what other methods could be tried in such a short period. We do have a hawk man who comes round, but he wont be able to be in there this week, and its not very effective, ive had pigeons roosting in the main building above where I work, when he comes round they hide and are straight back out when he leaves.

If you have the land/building owners permission it surely isnt any different from shooting in a barn in a farmyard!?

I used to shoot pigeons in an old warehouse before it got sold. Good fun with the airfirle

If you have the land/building owners permission it surely isnt any different from shooting in a barn in a farmyard!?

I used to shoot pigeons in an old warehouse before it got sold. Good fun with the airfirle

That's what I was thinking, but getting the landholders permission isn't quite as easy as that, its a multinational company. I assume an appropriate representative would suffice ie. my manager who would ultimately be controlling the job, and once complete supervise the use of the building?

I assume you manager will have access to comany stationary, i would think that a simple letter on company letter requesting the removal if the pigeons would be enough, as the company is the tennant if the land they have the permission to authorise you to do it.

Only thing you need to make sure is that none of the pellets leave that property and go to the neighbours land

I assume you manager will have access to comany stationary, i would think that a simple letter on company letter requesting the removal if the pigeons would be enough, as the company is the tennant if the land they have the permission to authorise you to do it.

Only thing you need to make sure is that none of the pellets leave that property and go to the neighbours land

No fear of that, it is company owned and the nearest neighbour is about a mile away in all directions! Ill have a word and see what he wants to do.