Finally I deeked one!

secretagentmole

After having a nice selection of decoys kicking around in the shed for months, I finally got a permission where I could use them effectively! Got them set out in a horse shoe like shape then realised I was right on top of them and could be easily seen by landing pigeons.

A quick scout round found a natural blind that I laid up by and then they started to fly in, then they took off. Went down and found a half shell had blown over. Put it right ways up and back to my position. Another one lands and has a go at a rubber full body, which fell over in protest at being used as a pigeon sex toy!

It was getting late, but it happened. Young Jack Pigeon landed and spotted one of the full bodies sitting where he though he should be. You can see what is going through his food fixated mind. "See you Jimmy...." (Scottish pigeon on holiday see) "That's ma spot that is, I'll have you!" He puffed up his chest, strutted towards the full body and caught a Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum in the noggin!

I have equipped myself with the tools to make a blind, I have a stool (actually a stool for stools too, google bog in a bag), will be going back to work those deeks!

i set a decoy with real wings, took me ages to get the look right, i put it out and just as i turned to lok back, a cat pounced up hi and dived into CLATTTTT! owch that musta hurt, it glared about in a daze and looked, saw me...grabbed one wing and legged it..

hmmm

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent work that man. Have to ask, has anyone noticed seagulls around too? I was down my local farm on saturday morning where they are bringing in the harvest. Noticed that immediately behind the tractor, as well as a few woodies there were a lot of seagulls hovering about and going at the ground. Thought it was a bit unusual?

-Andrew

Last time I looked there was a seagull or two on the General Licence - check the licence and seabird recognition manual and there might be some sport there. Some Hebridean and other islanders eat them - squizzers were off the menu for years and now the Michelin starred folk cook with them. What price a gull or two?

Last time I looked there was a seagull or two on the General Licence - check the licence and seabird recognition manual and there might be some sport there. Some Hebridean and other islanders eat them - squizzers were off the menu for years and now the Michelin starred folk cook with them. What price a gull or two?

Eating seagulls? a different culinary experience I suppose.

I can imagine it being akin to muff diving, smells like fish, tastes like chicken.